State of the Union (Heresy)

I'm very much in favor of streamlining the rules (á lá 8th/9th), but I'm also a strong believer of keeping the flavour associated with the HH game (templates, armour values). 

Changing the weapon profiles to be more flexible could possibly remove a whole bunch of special rules indeed. Necromunda and 2nd ed could be inspirations. 

The thing is that the only guys playing in my area are people who chase the meta. This means they do everything GW recommends. ;-)

Tell them the game is made by Forgeworld and not GW and Forgeworld says that you can play on any tablesize whatever the :cuss you want to play on.

Man, I really don't understand those people.

What happened to common sense?

If I have only 20 models per side it may be to much to play on a 4X6 table. ;)

The first 10 years or so of gaming we played on a table which had the measurements of the station wagon from my dad,

because that was the vehicle which had to transport that board.

And guess what?

Our door didn't get kicked in by tabletop police.

But I guess those kind of players get nervous when they have to decide how to play by themselves. We have a lot of those players in our gaming club.

No imagination of their own whatsoever.

I feel sorry for you that that is the group you have to deal with.

Yeah, I know. It is sad to hear when they tell me something like this: "All the competetive folks do it like that so that is the way it is meant to be played." :-/

In terms of chasing the meta in Heresy, does that even happen given the cost of the forgeworld models? cant see anyone changing legions one week to the next when you're shelling out £100 for a tank. Plus the people i've encountered are way more into the hobby/theme side of the hobby so don't want to be switching every months or so

Yeah huge amounts of rules in 7th are doing desperate work to avoid using the simplest answer for various reasons, Just having a movement stat would probably shave a dozen pages off the rulebook for example, a Damage stat on weapons (And adjusting wound stats appropriately) would cut the awkward instant death/eternal warrior interactions etc etc.

For anyone interested, I've been told the new rules are a "tidied up" version of the rules Heresy is currently using. It's not been remade using ninth edition rules.

Could you elaborate a bit?

Is it just a tidied up ruleset to stand alone for the box set, or is it a broad and sweeping rules change for the whole heresy?

Your right, I should have made it clear that they are chasing the 40k meta. Their interest in HH is fairly limited. :wink:

I'm sorry to hear that.

From where in Germany are you? Maybe I know one, or two players in your area.

Yeah huge amounts of rules in 7th are doing desperate work to avoid using the simplest answer for various reasons, Just having a movement stat would probably shave a dozen pages off the rulebook for example, a Damage stat on weapons (And adjusting wound stats appropriately) would cut the awkward instant death/eternal warrior interactions etc etc.

Oh yes, that.

Movement would be neat and so would be removing eternal warrior and instant death.

I grew up (so to speak) in tabletop with second edition which means a Assault cannon makes D10 wounds per shot and could do up to 9. 

A Carnifex had T8 and 10 wounds. What a monster.

Space Marine leaders hat T5!

Those where the days of great adventure. *heavy drums start playing*

Hearing anything would be nice. On the other hand I am getting the next batch of lunar auxilia infantry printed by a friend so I got stuff to paint anyways...

And I want to do 10 tartaros to go woth my new praetor. Maybe build 5 huscarls additionally.And Inthought I was done with imperial fists infantry ^^

I dont know any 30k people in the east, sorry.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Where are the two of you from in germany? I am in the North (Hamburg).

Osnabrooklyn. :yes:

We're doing an event in November.

Unfortunately it is on a sunday but at least one is coming from hamburg to us.

Wörlitz ;-)

With the first reveals from GenCon yesterday I still hope that we will see something heresy related. May be in form of teaser at the end of the event.

Wörlitz... that's too far but I guess there are some HH players there.

Oh I think I saw that on t3 that possible?

Give a shout when you plan something next its not that much of a drive from hamburg. I think flixtrain even stops there.

Heftige Hersy in Osnabrück yes.

I have high hopes that we get a saturday next year so that it becomes more attractive for people from outside.

I'd love to see any updated core ruleset include

1. ZM

2. Normal 2000-4000pt games

3. a format that better accounts for larger games without going into a whole other ruleset like Apocalypse. Part of what makes Heresy fun is pulling out all the big toys, but having to keep yet another ruleset in mind (let alone finding the books that work with the HH rules) is a whole other matter.

I like this idea a lot. Sadly I cant see it happening GW are obsessed with the open, narrative and matched play format so I can see them going with that instead.

They’ve paired that with three ranges of point plays in both 40k and AoS. If I recall correctly the differences ate that normal is 1500-2000, small is 750-1250, and large is anything more than 2000.

Oh I think I saw that on t3 that possible?

Give a shout when you plan something next its not that much of a drive from hamburg. I think flixtrain even stops there.

Heftige Hersy in Osnabrück yes.

I have high hopes that we get a saturday next year so that it becomes more attractive for people from outside.

Thatd be pretty cool. 27th of november is Rückeroberung von Dunkeld in Hamburg and I am propably playing 40k with some friends in november too so I cant make any more tabletop Events but I'd like to do some more heresy events next year. The guys from galaktischer beobachter will do something in early summer as well. Thats bavaria though.

It was pretty sick; even had a ZM side board for the interior of the Warlord titan we had to fight for control over.

That looks really awesome. And having a seperate board for a small side battle. Man I would love to play games like that! :)

Thx for sharing!

I’m super jealous Slips: that looks incredible!

I have to say, I love those big games where you’ve got tonnes per side and you’re basically still fighting your small battle in context... between that and narrative campaigns, it’s just so fun.

Just makes me want to play :lol: