company veterans 9th edition

dread05

Evening brothers, started toying with the hobby again after a long hiatus. My daughter was born last June I've been fairly inactive (and uninformed!) since then.

To the point, I was going through the data sheets of 9th edition and I found out I can give a heavy weapon on one of my company veterans. Now if I use the legend rules and give them jump packs aswell, does that mean I can have a marine with a jump pack and a plasma cannon? 

Technically it seems possible but I feel it goes against the spirit of Legends. The idea of legends is to allow people to use old and possibly obsolete models. If you need to model a combination that was not available previously then I feel it is not in the spirit of the law, even if it is in the letter.

Evening brothers, started toying with the hobby again after a long hiatus. My daughter was born last June I've been fairly inactive (and uninformed!) since then.

To the point, I was going through the data sheets of 9th edition and I found out I can give a heavy weapon on one of my company veterans. Now if I use the legend rules and give them jump packs aswell, does that mean I can have a marine with a jump pack and a plasma cannon? 

As others have said, possibly but it might be against the spirit of the legends rules. That said... you can have a veteran with a heavy weapon and a storm shield :)