Volkite weapons incoming

I've also placed an order for a couple of Warlord volkites, plus two Warhound arms and a Reaver one. I don't hold out too much hope for those being effective, but they could be fun at least and they look cool.

I very much look forward to finally seeing the cards and finding out what these things actually do!

Has no one received any of these weapons yet?

Apparently it was a two week preorder, so no. A friend of mine got a notification that his had been dispatched last night though. Hopefully we’ll get to see the cards soon.

Apparently it was a two week preorder, so no. A friend of mine got a notification that his had been dispatched last night though. Hopefully we’ll get to see the cards soon.

We've had confirmation the cards are in the pack right?

We've had confirmation the cards are in the pack right?

Not independent confirmation, but the FW description states they do. Also, there are no rules anywhere else, so you’ve got to assume, right?

Via AT18 FB group, the Warhound/Reaver gun S 12", L 20" -1, 3 dice at S5, voidbreaker (2) as per previews at 20pts. No Warlord guns spotted in the wild yet.

The "cards" are printed on the thin paper inserts in the blister, so a bit naff.

The cards have shown up on FB, well, i say cards but they are printed on the blister backing paper :D 

Reaver and Warhound ones are identical aside from arc, 20 points, Short 12", Long 20" at -1, 3 S5 shots, Voidbreaker 2.

Utter junk.

The cards have shown up on FB, well, i say cards but they are printed on the blister backing paper :biggrin.: 

Reaver and Warhound ones are identical aside from arc, 20 points, Short 12", Long 20" at -1, 3 S5 shots, Voidbreaker 2.

Utter junk.

Beat you to it :P My thoughts exactly on both the quality of the cards and the rules themselves. The Warlord gun though, with its beam rule, if it ends up being reasonably costed I might be able to get on board with it.

The cards have shown up on FB, well, i say cards but they are printed on the blister backing paper :biggrin.: 

Utter junk.

Beat you to it :tongue.: My thoughts exactly on both the quality of the cards and the rules themselves. The Warlord gun though, with its beam rule, if it ends up being reasonably costed I might be able to get on board with it.

Great minds lol :D 

20pts?

They do know that Vulcans exist right? They haven't just had some mad form of collective amnesia over them?

I guess there is space for a strength 5 weapon on Warhounds though, right? This seems to be what they are over-estimating, the advantage of being able to make some damage mid-game that a Vulcan couldn’t.

I can see this being useful, it’s just over costed relative to Vulcan/plasma. But better that way round than forcing competitive players to have to buy OP Forgeworld weapons.

I would really like one on my Warhound. It’s not a must buy for me, but if I make a forge world order I might just treat myself and add one.

Here are the cards.

51255997599_e6975bde81_h.jpg

They're actually worse than we expected, thanks to the -1 to hit modier at long range for the Reaver/Warhound version. They are just bad VMBs.

The Warlord's beam option makes it a bit more interesting, especially in an Extermigus maniple where you can make it S8. It's still really hard to recommend this gun over a macro gatling in my opinion, but it does have a use.

Edit: I say "cards" but really it's just printed on the piece of paper that comes in the blister pack. Be careful getting yours out, or it'll be creased.

Edited by Mandragola

The more recent repair values are all out of whack. The warmaster basically took all the variety of the easy to fix hard round weapons to the esoteric energy guns and made them all 4+.

Not surprised that they're double the vmb points, with ranged drop off. The people writing these rules don't seem to understand what makes something interesting or fill empty design space. The most interesting thing they've done wargear wise is make the mechanicum questoris be able to get to 4 attacks, but every other option has seemed drastically boring and rather pointless. Like you have to work to find the fun in it.

I was anticipating it being more expensive than the VMB but not double the cost, I anticipated maybe 15 points. They really need to FAQ how voidbreaker works because it seems it is costed to be how it was written in the WARCOM article. 10 points would be the ceiling for its effectiveness in my eyes. Has anyone emailed GW with a query, as it might carry weight if they get a load of queries.   

Gundric that’s a great catch. If the void breaker rule effected every shot separately id pay the 20/40 points for them.

If the void breaker rule effected every shot separately my Legio Atarus Infernus missiles would be freaking amazing!!! I therefore suspect this wasn’t a misunderstanding of the Voidbreaker rule, just a MASSIVE over-valuing of it…

I don't like them. They're bad at what they're supposed to do, which is shield stripping, because they require you to push a chassis which can't take it. (Although there may be an argument for shunting power from its own shields at range.)

I also don't like them for damage. Two dice at S7 is a weird spot, not high enough strength to take damage early, not enough dice to guarantee a kill to a wounded titan.

STR 8, but basically nothing changes.

My only thoughts is that perhaps with enough turbo lasers in a list they can get work done. Like if everything had them, you could sit back and zap as most enemy titans would need two turns to get into position. Probably terrible in practice though.