Forge World Armageddon Basilisk - Instructions?

Glute

Has anyone built this model?

I just bought 2 of them and didn't see/receive any instructions on how to build. 

There is a page of parts and some pictures but I wouldn't consider them instructions to build.

I just bought 2 of them and didn't see/receive any instructions on how to build. 

There is a page of parts and some pictures but I wouldn't consider them instructions to build.

The older Forge World models don't really have instructions, just a photocopied parts sheet and hope!

They actually cover the build of the Medusa version in the model masterclass volume 1 book. If you like I can post up or DM the relevant pages for you if you think it would help.

It's not instructions per se but it shows it in various sub assemblies. You'll want to track down Chimera/Plastic basilisk instructions for the plastic parts.

Edited by Beaky Brigade

The older Forge World models don't really have instructions, just a photocopied parts sheet and hope!

They actually cover the build of the Medusa version in the model masterclass volume 1 book. If you like I can post up or DM the relevant pages for you if you think it would help.

It's not instructions per se but it shows it in various sub assemblies. You'll want to track down Chimera/Plastic basilisk instructions for the plastic parts.

I have sent an email/complaint to Forgewold with my displeasure regarding this issue.  I will see what they say.  Depending on what they respond with I may/may not post here.

BTW -- I am a 'experienced' model builder (50+ years) and have built several chimera's, etc in the past so I can get around this issue.  I'm just disappointed in the quality of product and instructions (which I commented on in my email). 

If this is what Forgeworld wants to deliver as a product then I would not recommend them to anyone.

As Beaky Brigade says the instructions for a lot of Forgeworld kits can be rubbish!

I think we’re all spoilt with the GW instructions (which are excellent these days) so the bar is quite high.

I understand your frustration but persevere, the kits look great once finished.

Good luck with your Baslisk!

Sorry you're disappointed, I've definitely been there with some of the older Forge World kits I've dreamed about for years to find I've bought a miscast mess!

I haven't bought this one either but if I had the choice I would probably go for the Solar Auxilia Basilisk/Medusa if the interior detail wasn't important. From what I've seen it comes in a lot fewer pieces and probably fits together better.

Unfortunately, FW is behind the times in how they manage their casting processes- I've had several eBay buys of questionable provenance that have proven to be far superior to FW in terms of mold slips and bubbling. FW does do a decent job of newer models, but their older units can be pretty terrible.

I'm just disappointed in the quality of product and instructions (which I commented on in my email).

If this is what Forgeworld wants to deliver as a product then I would not recommend them to anyone.

Right?

I know it doesn't help beyond the comfort of solidarity, but I'm amazed by Forgeworlds methods; Even more expensive than regular Games Workshop products, comes with poor or no instructions, sprue connectors so thick you need a bonesaw to dislodge, bubbles, runs and errors due to poor resin casting methods, and warping due to poor storage, while the whole thing is covered in mould releaser, and incredibly, this is accepted as a normal thing, to the point the store even states the above problems aren't accepted as a valid reason for product returns, because you were meant to fix them for yourself...

Somehow their fanbase bought this story and lives with it happily, but if it sounded fishy at first, it became positively scam-like after I got some resin products from a russian basement caster with zero bubbles, an almost complete cleanup of sprues and excess material, casting errors so miniscule and rare, painting the figure is sufficient to hide them, washed clean, and the more sensitive parts individually wrapped in paper, the whole thing packaged like it was meant to survive delivery on an ore train straight from the Urals, all for a mere fraction of the price.

What will hopefully offer direct help, is this video I've found:

Edit:

The same guy has a "Let's build a Forgeworld Tau Manta" video series, which is a lesson in itself of why should one avoid FW products; It's hard to decide if the kit's price, or the condition it was delivered in is the more shocking, not to mention how simple the design is, and how few parts it is made of;

If any other company offered so little value for such a cost, all hell would break loose.

At the same price, you can buy an old but functional used car, or a precision made motorized & remote controlled metal model built from many intricate parts, or just hire someone to 3D-sculpt a better looking Manta for you, and have it printed.

Thanks for your response and link to the video.   I love the visual aspect of the Forgeworld models but your correct in your comments about the fan base buying in the shoddy quality.  This wasn't my first Forgeworld purchase but it may be my last.

I hear you .. This is the only forgeworld model I've ever given up on. I've built so many resin kits (even the unfun storm eagle and fire raptors, a warhound, several knights, more armor than I care to remember) yet my armageddon basilisk was so warped that no manner of hot water/heat gun/hair dryer/green stuff could make it fit.

I'd scrimped and saved for it and picked it up nib and was shocked(this was a 5th edition purchase for me) and I tried for 4 years, learn something new in a different kit, go back and try again... So much so that I literally put it on eBay and was happy that someone wanted to take it off my hands even partially assembled with a quarter container of gs and still had gaps