++ Nomadic Visions: A Collection of Projects ++

WOW!! these models look epic!

Thank you Sagentus! There's a lot more coming so stay tuned!

Very menacing marines, you make them appear very distinct and with a lot of sinister character.

Thank you for the kind words Torbenos. I have always tried to breathe a unique life into my models, be it from simple posing to complete conversions. I think my last truly mono pose unedited miniature was circa 2002 at this point!

++ It is the thirty first millennium and there is only war ++

++ This band of brothers. My malignant few. We fought across the Istvaan dead. We purged the mountains at The Siege. We who have spat in the Corpse God's face and made his Sons cry tears of blood. We defy with our hate. We survive with our spite. We call this hurricane of nightmares home and we will not break. The War must be fought, and it is Long. Enemies surround us. The choice is simple. Join us or die. ++

This is the start of Kill-Team Kharon for CommisarMolotov's #warfortheeye project. A rag tag band of brutalists that formed a bond in blood at Istvaan and then bounced through warzones until they engaged Palace forces at the Siege. Following the Great Rout they stuck together where most legions isolated or fractured. Finding their kinship in battle a stronger bond than even with their own gene-brothers "Those who follow One Eye" ply the lengths of the Eye seeking other traitors to swell their ranks.
Here is "Dominar Heriot" Iron Warrior Zealot with Icon of Wrath.
gallery_41766_17085_8088.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_4642.jpg

Followed by "Delightful Stygis" Death Guard Plasma Sniper.
gallery_41766_17085_9606.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_718.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_6001.jpg

I need to source the bits for the rest of the squad but we will get there!
To come:
-"Devoted Yaroj" Word Bearer Demolitions Missile Launcher
-"Sindraag the Haunted" Night Lord Bolter
-"Bloody Grendl" World Eater Bolter
-"One Who Laughs" Emperor's Children Bolter
-"Kharon of the One Eye" Luna Wolves Champion Plasma Pistol/Power Fist
Cheers!
Edited by NomadPainting

@Brother Dallo: thanks bud! The Kill Team will take some time as I have to source the bits for each new member but I'm already having a lot of fun with it!

@Xin Ceithan: I was hoping the plasma idea would translate well, I'm glad it has! The War for the Eye is a narrative Kill Team project on Instagram. I'm a sucker for narrative plogs and figured that was the perfect time to explore some Chaos forces for the first time.

@PigofSparta: oh the second I stumbled across TWFTE on Insta I knew I had to get stuck in. Once my discord account issues are sorted out I'll be active on the server. It's a real honor to just see all the amazing work such talented hobbyists are creating for it. Between the War of the False Primach and The War for the Eye I am finally right where I want want be in my hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_41766_11734_438350.png

gallery_41766_11734_14056.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_15174.jpg

++INCOMINGTRANSMISSION++

++ Twice our legion broke its own back fighting against them. Twice. As if once had not been shame enough. Perhaps it would have been different had they been at Istvaan, perhaps the war would have swayed in our favor. Alas, that was not meant to be. They stayed by His side and we faced the consequences of their stubborn defense. Aye, we made them pay in kind for their audacity, yet our mauling could have been avoided had our father not listened to the fetid whispers of the Whore. Horus, God Among Us, bah! A misguided child simpering for approval and it set the whole galaxy ablaze. He lay himself before these...creatures...in supplication and they took him. Again, I say, a whore. It should have been our father who led the charge, one deserving, no, worthy of it. Instead we got the failure of the Luna Wolves, the failure of the Son's of Horus, and now we have the failure of whatever Abaddon's mongrels call themselves. Perhaps things would have been different had we not followed Horus at all, had we shown them how truly superior we are by saving them. Oh, what a sight it would have been, to see the Praetorian on his knees weeping at his salvation at our hands? Glorious. It would have been glorious....but that is not to be, nor was it ever to be. What is to be is this existence within this miasma of torment, this rotten ocean. Forced to kill our brethren and strip them of their failing arms so that we might survive another assault by things from behind the darkness. It is not the Emperor that I hate, no, it is not even his sons. It is the Whore and the Praetorian and all those in between who made the choice for us. So now we kill, not out of honor, not out of strength, not out of want, but out of need. We kill to survive. We simply kill. We no longer have purpose my brothers and that has set us free. Let our father have his solitude and his melancholy, we shall have victory against the Whore. We will kill. ++

Kharos the Smiling Mountain - Warmonger of the Thanas Drakoi

gallery_41766_11734_81932.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_124222.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_5029.jpg

Stygius - Silencer of the Thanas Drakoi

gallery_41766_11734_13961.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_50759.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_117518.jpg

Phaestus the Worthy - Mortal Armorer of the Thanas Drakoi

++//INLOADCOMMENT: Note the carry handle welded onto the back of his carapace, this is for rapid extraction by other members of the fire team during tactical withdrawal. Phaestus' supernatural ability to warp and mend metal has seen him protected by these gene-wrought goliaths and has earned the ire of several other traitor astartes. //++

gallery_41766_11734_67690.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_15519.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_30289.jpg

One-Who-Laughs - Nemesis Enforcer of the Thanas Drakoi

gallery_41766_11734_62012.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_37839.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_37770.jpg

The Thanas Drakoi awaiting reinforcement from their Engagement Cadre

gallery_41766_11734_82650.jpg

==/ENDTRANSMISSION/==

Great work on these chaps! Kharos is a very menacing figure, a nice example of the more esoteric and profane warriors of the XVIIth. Stygius' long barelled plasma weapon looks great, very appropiate for the heresy era, where a long range bolt round is ikely to be insuffucient to eliminate a target. The Terminator's extra armour plates add a lot of bulk, it's always interesting to see how people approach Terminators in true-scale projects.

• 2 months later...

Great work on these chaps! Kharos is a very menacing figure, a nice example of the more esoteric and profane warriors of the XVIIth. Stygius' long barelled plasma weapon looks great, very appropiate for the heresy era, where a long range bolt round is ikely to be insuffucient to eliminate a target. The Terminator's extra armour plates add a lot of bulk, it's always interesting to see how people approach Terminators in true-scale projects.

Thanks Pearson! Late reply I know, just getting round to catching up the project log with some new additions. It was certainly an interesting challenge making him a head and a half taller than his already larger than standard brothers. I think I pulled it off without making him look stretched out!

gallery_41766_11017_6226.jpg

I decided to have a crack at something different on the side whilst I work through my backlog of Star Wardens and Iron Warriors. Alternate Heresy Ultramarines. I will be focusing on the prideful aspects of Slaanesh's influence over the more...traditional and tentacly variety.

Here is my take on the Bringer of the Ruinstorm, Dark-Chaplain Janus. A counterpart to Erebus in the canon setting, he is the link between the Dark Prince and the Father of the Legion.

gallery_41766_11017_36534.jpg

Here is the first of my 1000pt Zone Mortalis Force "War Born". Hastati Squad Callidus, head hunters of the tunnels of Calth.

gallery_41766_11017_29694.jpg

gallery_41766_11017_18540.jpg

gallery_41766_11017_8033.jpg

gallery_41766_11017_52983.jpg

gallery_41766_11017_73663.jpg

gallery_41766_11017_78937.jpg

gallery_41766_11017_24502.jpg

Tried some new work on 'upscaling' them. They stand at the same height as Primaris without being goofy in proportion like some of the FW Marines can seem when paired with other bits. I find the MKX shoulder plates really add some good bulk to the MKIV to make it more of a dominating silhouette. I have 2 other squads planned and already have the parts for one, just waiting on a FW order to arrive to finish it. The coming force is as follows:

Remus Ventanus - The Butcher of Calth

Janus - The Herald of the Storm

Appian - Principes (MKIII Breachers w/ Power Swords)

Callidus - Hastati (MKIV w/Bolters & CCW)

Hadrius - Velites (MKIV w/Volkite Chargers)

The paint scheme for these will be an experiment in iridescent blue and gold.

Cheers!

To make up for the neglect on this project, here is a large post of WIP goodies I'm working on. Be warned, its a B I G O N E. Below you will find various interpretations of the Star Wardens and their search for kinship, belonging, and ultimately self-betrayal in the War for the False Primarch. You will also see more work on the Thanas Drakoi agents for the War for the Eye project.

++

// Rohaan the Erisor
My right hand of discord and strife. Trusted and beloved is this betrayer of our creed. He did not act with swift retribution when our lodge-frater Gilded themselves and questioned our foundations and loyalty. For that he will not find the sweetness that only true sleep brings, his mnemonic-vault will keep his brain stricken in the waking hours for the next solar century. Madness or redemption will see his soul through the cosmos to sit at His side.
His penitence has been satisfactory thus far. Argo's febrile attempt at the Auspice-Patrice upon the Abomination brought something to the fore in Rohaan. Many golden arms adorn the walls of his chamber and the Hesh assures me many more will follow before we see the stain of our folly erased.
Apothek Merzhin confides in me that the Erisor is now afflicted with waking-dreams and see the ghosts of dead frater alongside him in battle...and when alone aboard the Last Wall.
At least he has company on this quest-atonement. //
-- Excerpt from the Memoir-Reductor
Nychterida Rohaan, the Erisor; Bringer of Discord and Strife; the Murder of Urkan-Mag, the Mourn-Caller of Hadrexes, Dread-Chaplain of the Star Wardens Vth Cadre
gallery_41766_17085_99155.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_47157.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_147072.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_78641.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_86888.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_4103.jpg

"Harrower Morhalt engaged in many practices considered barbarous by his more pragmatic kin. During a skirmish against Orkoid instigators in the earlier years of the century Morhalt required adamantine dental implants serviced into his jaw. The implants had never taken comfortably as his physiology fought a constant battle against them, resulting in over-salivation which caused a drastic shift in the acidic content of his glands. That left his tongue and gums raw and bleeding and made his voice a rasping rattle.
This disturbance had manifested in some peculiar psycho-reliant behaviors; most notably of all was the trophy gathering.
Morholt would pry the teeth from beaten combatants, especially other Astartes, in a display of infantile impotent rage. The other members of Dread-Squad Barghest encouraged this deviancy, whilst many of his fellow Harrowers considered him a liability to their Chapters gene-legacy.
I am relieved to say his taint will not disgrace our future-sons."
-- Except from the Memoir-Reductor penned by Headsman Mordrad Lughtahn. This tome would later become scripture within the Vth Cadres armorium chambers; an account of the disgrace the Abomination to Him on Terra had used to sunder their fraterhood.
--//--
gallery_41766_17085_118051.jpg

"Caradoc. Oh, fabled son of Harkonath. Prideful, bitter, remorseless. An icy dread took my heart when Caradoc chose to follow Morhalt beyond the Gate and into the arms of the Abomination. I feared he was taken with the sickness. That dread faded with his actions. Caradoc strode from the fires of heresy tested, as we all were, but not found wanting. Returning to our side he came bathed in the blood of his own wretched frater, his gauntlets baring the red soul-stain of our ancestors and not that of the Gilded. By Lancelors account he slew two of his brethren in single combat whilst my subordinate faced down the teeth-taker. An excellent addition to our ranks we have salvaged in Caradoc. Perhaps I shall grant him the Harrowers mantel of his one-time superior...or maybe I will pull his head from his shoulders and devor his brain to discover if the sickness lies within."
gallery_41766_17085_18312.jpg

"Yvain. Bastard. That was what we all knew him as. Cold. Brutal. An ooze. A tool and a bad one at that. He lacked all comradeship with his brethren and took subtle delight in gaining the ire of his kin. Naturally he would follow Morhalt to the very end, both of them rotten, their gene-seed unfit to return to our vaults. In fact it was Yvain who first posed the question to his dread-frater of the Abominations heritage. Our heritage. To call Yvain a true believer is false, he was not, he only believed in the egotism it brought; for it stoked his already inflated sense of self importance. Never did Yvain snap to heel and heed the call of his betters. Always did he saunter through the years believing himself equal to the rest of us. How could he be? He was born on a starch-barge. Plebian scum. It was no wonder he turned on his family. Destined to ever be a sword and never a shield for our Chapter, I am glad that Caradoc pummeled his skull to a fine paste inside his helm. May his corpse forever rot on the rad-wastes of Kharak Thirty-Three. I ordered the scav-corp to leave his war plate and armaments. I truly believe even the machine spirit that shrouded him was infected with his moist filth. Bah."
gallery_41766_17085_123164.jpg

// Do I believe? Yes. Why wouldn't I? I see it clearly. His face cuts through the shadows in my minds eye. His words silence their cacophony of lies. He ends the malignancy my frater. He ends the nightmares for me. The pain in my head is gone and it allows me to persecute our cause with greater clarity. That is why I believe. I wear the Tears of Sevastra as my witness, as my seed-oath, that is how deep this peirces my breast. Who but our gene-sire could possibly end our suffering? The Son Returning cleans away the rumors of our birth right...of that adamantine blackness. Not even Him-on-Terra has achieved this. We are not in the wrong, cousin. Join us. I promise you the blood in my veins that this is the path we need to take. It is the road to our crown upon the stars. //
--Blood-Brother Cador--
gallery_41766_17085_60663.jpg

// Peredor is nothing more than a weapon. This is his function and this is his limit. I wield him as he wields the sacred Blade of Long Night. Like him, this relic I allow him to bear into battle, is simple and built for function over form. Like him, it too is haunted by the things our chapter has witnessed in the dark of space. Forged with iron from the soil of hallowed Earth this blade cut through the travesty of the heresy and claimed the lives of many during the Scouring. To us it has come, thirsty for blood of the damned. Peredor, just like this blade, rests in the silence of the memory-vault when he is not taking heads for the Honorium Majora. Whispers fill his head from the things he's seen and...if he is is be believed...from those the blade has claimed. Lancelor assures me that such a thing is impossible due to the scripture locks upon the weapon vault and that Peredor is simply ailing the way many of our frater do when too long in the dark. I will wield him until his fingers can no longer lift the Blade of Long Night. Until such a time he will murder our foes and rend those we deem worthy of our scrutiny. //
gallery_41766_17085_74008.jpg

// Makoa.
That Abominator sent Mendicant infected my cousins early on with his malevolent charm. Never a smile on his face, only a tight lipped smirk that barely contained the distain that burned in his eyes. Contempt for all who did not fall to knee under the shadow of their Gene-Father...our Gene-Father...a theory to be sure but one I hold no interest in. I am no cousin to this...mendicant. This spy.
To call our blood sibling to these puritan sycophants would be a disrespect to our Chapter.
Makoa was truly a talented marksman and one cannot deny the tactical prowress he exuded in battle...yet it did not protect him when I crushed his head. I agree he was instrumental in several of our actions against the Carcharadon savages, but ultimately his fate was sealed when he did not look away from my eyes upon introduction to my Cadre. My Cadre. Not his. Not theirs. Mine. //
gallery_41766_17085_51654.jpg
gallery_41766_17085_15725.jpg

// Bohaus was needed. We had no time for the chamber-mechanicum to unshroud his hallowed mantle. We forced him into his power frame whilst he was still rousing and threaded his umbilicus. We replaced his hydroponic filter with amnio-ugent and he came system-awake at exactly the moment he was needed. Crude and dangerous, it was necessary to turn the tide on K-Beta Four. Without Bohaus, we may have lost that rock to the Talons. I have been canted at by our forge-master that I speak sacrilege and my actions are blasphemy upon Olympus-Mons. Amusing to be sure, yet I care little for their prattle. Bohaus was needed and now he is with us I feel the cosmic winds begin to shift in our favor. //
-- Exceprt from the Memoir-Reductor
Rampager Bohaus in a striped down Mantle of Contempt. On the table its an Invictor Warsuit, lore wise it's a stripped down Dreadnought frame.

gallery_41766_17085_159828.jpg

// The very nature of the dead-worlds orbiting the Kharak binaries meant that certain adjustments had to be made to our fighting vehicles. The low gravity coupled with interesting solar harmonies meant most of our ground armory had to be modified with the gravity manipulators that the silicon barges employed. This was the only effective way to maintain tactical superiority over the Pentarchy scum. Again the forge-lord shrieks heresy, again I revoke his vox privileges. //
The Deus Malleus is ready for painting. The next stage is to build a base for it. I'm not a massive fan of the Repulsor look with the bulbous top but I think it's a fantastic addition to the Primaris unit line up. I had a bunch of old land raiders gathering dust and so figured I'd breath life into one as a Counts-As Repulsor.

gallery_41766_17085_6895.jpg

++//:-INLOADINGPICTCAPTURE-:
Thanas Drakoi reinforcement conflux- majoris-perditia//SINDRAAG-THE-HAUNTED&BLOODY-GRENDL++

gallery_41766_17085_205526.jpg

gallery_41766_17085_76727.jpg

++//:-INLOADINGPICTCAPTURE-:
Thanas Drakoi reinforcement conflux- majoris-perditia//YAROJ-THE-DEVOTED++
"The Bearers are not the only ones with faith cousins! Yaroj too believes! Yes! Yaroj believes in the iron that shrouds him! Yaroj believes in the steel he bears into battle! Yaroj knows his prayers of battle are heard by the gods of war! Falk once touched Yaroj upon the shoulder, yes. A grand day. Many praetorian lay dead at his feet and the Blessed One gave unto him the divine. He feels it stir within his breast, waiting, feeding. One day Yaroj will be reborn in metal and fury and until that day, cousins, Yaroj will continue to pray. Come, it is time for the sermon!"
-- Yaroj the Devoted would often preach to the Thanas Drakoi whilst under fire by enemy operatives. The Canticles of Reloading were considered primus-prayer to the Devoted. He would later unravel genetically in the face of the obliterator virus as reward for his piety towards the Omnissiah and the Lord of Iron.
gallery_41766_17085_85646.jpg
If you made it here, then well done, have a cookie! :HQ: Stay tuned for more to come!
Edited by NomadPainting

Ventanus looks awesome in particular, I really like the raised gorget and pose. Battle damage is always nice too.

That Iron Warrior is brilliant too, the strength of his armour and faith is matched by that solid pose! Interesting to see that the Immortals torso works so well size-wise with Terminator legs. The counts-as Repulsor is brutal too.