Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

That launch box sound a bit underwhelming, hoping for a least cool a new special edition cover for the supplement.

If I get it I'll try selling the redemptor to mitigate the cost as I already have a venerable dread, a chaplain dread and a leviathan in my Black Templars army

Also question for Valdrak do you know the exact content of the combat patrol box? also is there any models that are exclusive to the launch box? thanks.

Hold up. Are BT fans already unhappy with their releases?

The Redemptor could have unique BT upgrades or options, can't be written off yet. And it's a fantastic unit anyway.

That launch box sound a bit underwhelming, hoping for a least cool a new special edition cover for the supplement.

If I get it I'll try selling the redemptor to mitigate the cost as I already have a venerable dread, a chaplain dread and a leviathan in my Black Templars army

Also question for Valdrak do you know the exact content of the combat patrol box? also is there any models that are exclusive to the launch box? thanks.

Hold up. Are BT fans already unhappy with their releases?

The Redemptor could have unique BT upgrades or options, can't be written off yet. And it's a fantastic unit anyway.

Not unhappy, just trying to get the most bang for the buck ;)

Okay so I cannot post images but I can confirm the box has 13 models inside:

x1 Marhsal

x1 Redemptor

x1 Emperors Champion

x1 Crusader Squad (6 Initiates and 4 Neophytes)

That's pretty terrible if that's the launch box

Why are we getting a redemptor and no sword brethren? Sisters and orks got all new sculpts.

Combat Patrol apparently has the Sword Brethren.

I really hope it’s the other way round… if not I’ll wait for the cp box

Yeah, this one is hard to believe. I think Deathwatch are the only marine combat patrol without a vehicle.

I'm happy with the Redemptor being in there, as I don't own one - hopefully there's not an Emperor's Champion in the Combat Patrol, so I can double up with the launch box/CP to get a flying start.

But with a dedicated SB, Crusader Squad kit we can lay to rest the rumour of GW not doing chapter specific units.

That wasn't a rumour, that was a statement direct from GW. It's just that their priorities have clearly changed since c. 2017, when they told us.

The DA box has a redemptor and no vehicle.

I consider dreadnoughts to be vehicles; they used to have an armor value.

They also have the vehicle keyword to boot, go figure. Anyway I wonder how units like assault intercessors and bladeguard will fit alongside SB and crusader squads. I think its a given that the SB and new crusaders will be primaris and not firstborn. 

Even though I don't really do primaris now, I know at some point I will. I will most likely buy this box just to support black templars, even if the minis sit for a long time.

But on the bright side, since I dont have primaris, everything in the box is going to be new for my!

Edited by Urkh

I'd guess that Bladeguard will gain SWORD BRETHREN keyword. It will be interesting to see if they go only Crusader squads, but with a lot of options so you can effectively make Intercessor and Assault Intercessor squads with them or if they keep them separate.

I'd guess that Bladeguard will gain SWORD BRETHREN keyword. It will be interesting to see if they go only Crusader squads, but with a lot of options so you can effectively make Intercessor and Assault Intercessor squads with them or if they keep them separate.

I could see that, a combined entry then the BT thing of melee weapon stacking like the OG crusader squad. Sitting on my x10 indomnitus assault intercessors as a result of uncertainty. 

Chances are you'll be able to just use the standard intercessors you already have as Crusaders in a Crusader squad. Apparently they come with the same stock weapons, so it really wouldn't matter. 

I could see that, a combined entry then the BT thing of melee weapon stacking like the OG crusader squad. Sitting on my x10 indomnitus assault intercessors as a result of uncertainty. 

Yeah, I have my six Bladeguard and 20 assault intercessors sitting around... I guess this release will finally reveal what exactly becomes of them :P

I just hope everything is available on its own eventually. Getting another a redemptor with the launch box, is absolutely fine. I doubt it will have new game play options, but i hope that rumored vehicle upgrade sprue will at least let us bling it up differently. Combat patrol? Fine too, just hope it isn't mostly filled with units i already have, as well

Realising what most of you have already realised, Seneschal is French for Marshal?

Yeh both traditionally mean Noble or Royal “Advisor”
I find it odd that the French don't use Marshal, when it's a French rank.

Unless other chapters captains are called Marshals in French and Seneschal is used to differentiate Black Templars? Any French players able to help?

Edited by Brother Adelard

Realising what most of you have already realised, Seneschal is French for Marshal?

Yeh both traditionally mean Noble or Royal “Advisor”
I find it odd that the French don't use Marshal, when it's a French rank.

Unless other chapters captains are called Marshals in French and Seneschal is used to differentiate Black Templars? Any French players able to help?

Captains are know as "Capitaine" in French (before English names for units became the weird new norm for all languages).

And as mentioned, Seneshal/Seneschal is supposed to be Marshal: I got a little mixed up in my translations.