Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

The Sister of Battle launch eventually became their Combat Patrol, the same thing might happen to us considering the contents of this box are pretty much in line with other Combat Patrols.

Sisters launch box has its exclusive sprues with all the different units set in one sprue. The models are different from retail version. Models in BT launch box would be identical to future retail version.

Why ya fink a lauch box(£120, books included) would contain much more models than a combat partol(£85, only models)? Why?

Ork launch box has 2 characters, 10 boyz, 3 cavs. Rumored BT box has 2 characters and 10 crusaders. Just a dread in the space of 3 cavs. Is it very "overpriced"?

Both the ork and sisters launch boxes had 25 models

Why ya fink a lauch box(£120, books included) would contain much more models than a combat partol(£85, only models)? Why?

Ork launch box has 2 characters, 10 boyz, 3 cavs. Rumored BT box has 2 characters and 10 crusaders. Just a dread in the space of 3 cavs. Is it very "overpriced"?

As did the Lumineth Realm-Lords box, which was the third of the previous launch boxes :yes:

Ork has 20 boys. Sisters had 10 sis, 4 repentia and superior, HQ, flagellants, and 2 Penitent Engines. Its possible the launch box has two squads of crusaders, and the pictures Val saw didn't show it well. Some of the Ork box ads only showed 10 boys.

2x Characters

2x Crusader Squads

1x Redemptor seems more in line to me.

Not that I doubt you, Val, my brain just thinks this is a small launch box.

Edited by General Strike

SoB have been the only launch box that had 'unique' sculpts, so I think that should be the exception, not the rule. The BT Launch box will almost certainly contain the full kits for whatever unit, not unique sculpts.

I mean new unique to BT sculpts, both sisters and orks got all new sculpts. Stuffing an existing model into the BT box is bad feels if that happens IMO.

Ork has 20 boys. Sisters had 10 sis, 4 repentia and superior, HQ, flagellants, and 2 Penitent Engines. Its possible the launch box has two squads of crusaders, and the pictures Val saw didn't show it well. Some of the Ork box ads only showed 10 boys.

2x Characters

2x Crusader Squads

1x Redemptor seems more in line to me.

Not that I doubt you, Val, my brain just thinks this is a small launch box.

Pedant mode, the sisters box only had one penitent engine, but it did have 5 seraphim.

SoB have been the only launch box that had 'unique' sculpts, so I think that should be the exception, not the rule. The BT Launch box will almost certainly contain the full kits for whatever unit, not unique sculpts.

I mean new unique to BT sculpts, both sisters and orks got all new sculpts. Stuffing an existing model into the BT box is bad feels if that happens IMO.

They may do that, I'm not quite certain. I know in some of the posted rumors, it's been said there may be a Redemptor in the box. I'm mostly interested in the concept of it, as I expect we might see similar things for Blood Angels and Dark Angels later, so I'm an observer here.

As far as my personal opinion goes, as long as most of it is new unique stuff and any previously released stuff is relevant, then it'd be fine.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

My prediction after consulting the prognosticators. 

1. New Black Templar box.

2. New Primaris Black Templar upgrade sprue and decals.

3. New Black Templars character, perhaps Seneschal Bob, Castellan Cletus, or something like that, not Grimaldus or Hellbrecht.

3. New Black Templars character, perhaps Seneschal Bob, Castellan Cletus, or something like that, not Grimaldus or Hellbrecht.

That’s good and all but we have multiple sources with a background for legitimacy saying:

Primaris emperors champ

Primaris helbrect

Primaris grimaldus

Primaris ancient

Primaris marshal

Primaris crusader squad

Primaris sword brethren

Already primaris EC is confirmed after a bunch of naysayers called bs. I think we’re safe relying on the word of those in the know.

Edit: and also a vehicle upgrade sprue (and I’d bet an infantry upgrade sprue comes too)

Edited by Sarvis

Come on guys this is only a good thing. I’m buying everything.

This..

And Brothers, be vigilant. Take the rumors with a grain of salt.

Whatever It will come, It will be good for us.

Have faith, Brothers, The Emperor is with us.

Edited by BayOkuz

That’s good and all but we have multiple sources with a background for legitimacy saying:

Primaris emperors champ

Primaris helbrect

Primaris grimaldus

Primaris ancient

Primaris marshal

Primaris crusader squad

Primaris sword brethren

Already primaris EC is confirmed after a bunch of naysayers called bs. I think we’re safe relying on the word of those in the know.

Edit: and also a vehicle upgrade sprue (and I’d bet an infantry upgrade sprue comes too)

Yes thats What I get from my source too.

All of our relevant characters have been passed the Rubicon, so expect Helbcrecht and Grimaldus. With Ancient Banner and Emperors Champion(which is confirmed). Also Sword Bretheren is a go as they are coming in as models along with Crusader Squads. Only thin I cannot know is The marshal that, not sure whether it will be a Helbrecht / stand alone marshall multipart kit or not  (Like they did on DA captain release)

A standalone Castellan/Marshal model specific to the Black Templars would mirror the Lieutenants/WGBL models available for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves.

I'm also quite interested in knowing whether the Ancient is specifically a Black Templars model or more generic for all Space Marines, and then finally whether either of these choices are special characters (seems highly unlikely as the rumours don't point that way).

A standalone Castellan/Marshal model specific to the Black Templars would mirror the Lieutenants/WGBL models available for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves.

I'm also quite interested in knowing whether the Ancient is specifically a Black Templars model or more generic for all Space Marines, and then finally whether either of these choices are special characters (seems highly unlikely as the rumours don't point that way).

Fact: icon bearer in DG plaguemarine squad has a standalone model in blister. If gw want to release a model, it even don't need the corresponding unit in rulebook.

It's doubtful, but it would be really cool if there was a unit upgrade option for integrated ancients. Reliquaries, banners, icons; could be lots of things.

Could Grimaldus be promoted to MoS?

He may not see that as a promotion. It's not entirely clear, but the roles don't seem to be hierarchical in the lore. For instance the Master of Sanctity was in the running for the Reclusiarch job when the vote was discussed.

But GW could do that, yeah. They already tried to retcon his title to 'High Chaplain' in Faith and Fury.

Could Grimaldus be promoted to MoS?

He may not see that as a promotion. It's not entirely clear, but the roles don't seem to be hierarchical in the lore. For instance the Master of Sanctity was in the running for the Reclusiarch job when the vote was discussed.

But GW could do that, yeah. They already tried to retcon his title to 'High Chaplain' in Faith and Fury.

Can tell I haven't been keeping up to date, it looks as if he already is that rank. He's already High Chaplain/MoS like you said.