Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Could be used aggressively or defensively, but having options is never a bad thing IMO. I think he'll keep his current purpose/rules focus. Any bonuses are great.

I mean, honestly, if that is true with invulnerable aura, that could heavily impact my decision on whether or not to bring a 20 man Primaris Crusader squad. Well, that and specifically how much of an invulnerable are we talking here?

I hope they give Templars a way to get in CC without relying on transports otherwise I feel Crusaders with assault bolt rifle will become very popular.

I still run a LRC loaded with assault Terminators by tradition (and because I gave the model a lot of love) and don't want to rely on multiple costly impulsors to get my crusaders, sword brethrens and bladeguards in close combat...

What are the BT rumours?

Is it from the guy saying it’s Guard + Nids in December?

Wasn’t it “confirmed” that it was Custodes + GSC?

No, that was the speculation though.

I could have sworn that was what uh, Dosjetka? said in one of the two N&R threads he were created and then taken off...

"December 2021:

Custodes and Genestealer Cults with a box, similar to the Hexfire (TS v GK) one, containing both factions, with a new character for each: GSC Saboteur and Custodes Lieutenant."

no info on codex and this could be a kill team release

Edited by RedFox

"December 2021:

Custodes and Genestealer Cults with a box, similar to the Hexfire (TS v GK) one, containing both factions, with a new character for each: GSC Saboteur and Custodes Lieutenant."

no info on codex and this could be a kill team release

If comparing it to Hexfire then it suggests it's for new army releases for 40k?

Doesn't also mean it could be for Kill-Team, bit still

GSC and Custodes could be a follow up on the hints (maybe even explicit, I don't remember) that GSCs made it onto Terra.

Yeah this is what I expect, when the idea of Warzones was teased years ago one of the planets shown was Terra so the idea of Warzone: Terra is something I have been expecting for quite some time and they have teased it a bit with the inclusion of GSC on Terra and the demonic assault of Terra so I think there's quite the potential for some sort of secret wars in the depths of Terra, GSC, Custodes, Heretics all vying for power in the undergrounds of Terra is something that sounds very cool to me so I hope it pans out.

I don't think that buying more than ore or two boxes of the old upgrade sprues is worth it. It's still probably great value for money, but from what I saw with other people's works, the tabards are a bit too short for Primaris marines and the design of the chains didn't age well. While you know that I'm not a huge fan of Primaris marines and, therefore, SM releases, I am sure that the new upgrade kit or Crusader/Sword Brethren sprues will enough of lovely, modern-looking details to never look back on the old one (as much as it pains me to say this).

Primaris upgrades will probably look better by far (as with primaris in general IMO), but such things are subjective. At least in this situation people have a heads up if they want it, as we know it’ll be OOP soon enough.

Why would they go oop have the other chapters upgrade sprue been made oop?

Possibly due to the push towards Primaris the firstborn kits may stop. Especially with the BT upgrade set, I don't think it would be viable to GW to have two upgrades for BT's on the go at once, and since they want Primaris they'll likely drop the firstborn upgrade. It is what I'm expecting.  

Heads and shoulder pads of the old sprue, frankly don't cut it anymore. The crosses are way too large and clumsy, the helmets don't manage to do symmetrical eyes slits, edges are soft etc.

I've gotten over a 100 deathwatch black templar pads. Boring because the design is always the same, but the increase in quality is unmistakable. Seeing the pads on the new EC, simple they may be, I'm superstoked over what else may come