Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

So much speculation around the Redemptor.

I do not expect anything for it.

I would not mind being wrong tho.

I wanna have a look at the Crusader and Sword Bros sprues.

Want to see the options, and bling.

Couldn’t agree more with this! Especially looking forward to seeing the dual SB and Marshall kit

He could be encased in the redemptor armor.

Holy :cuss, can we all just take a second and imagine what a "Sigismund" class redemptor would be like??? I think that is my new wildest dream.

Nicknamed 'Siggie the Redeemer' the newest Redemptor dreadnought is home to the remains of, perhaps, the Black Templar's most iconic and pious historical figure. Once feared by all famous Heretic characters, the reborn Sigismund burns twice as hot with the fires of devotion and wrath of the God-Emperor. Where he once sought glory by slaying mighty commanders, his new mechanical form bears an even greater appetite. He scours the battlefield looking for the largest vehicles and fortifications to destroy.

On the topic of rumours though. I remember someone saying that the EC would be providing a buff. Could someone please remind me where that was mentioned as I forget the source. I was looking at the new EC model again, as I often find myself doing, and it crosses my mind that this looks quite like GW is treating it as our unique version of a 'primaris lieutenant'. I mean in terms of model detail and decadence. I also realised that HM Helbrecht Plays the role of a CM/Captain in providing hit re-rolls. In turn it would be quite fitting that the EC could fill the role of lieutenant and provide a re-roll wounds aura. It would complete the package and it would make sense as in the SoB releases GW did the same thing with the new Palatine role. It could also make quite good sense on his ability to rally the troops.

On the topic of rumours though. I remember someone saying that the EC would be providing a buff. Could someone please remind me where that was mentioned as I forget the source. I was looking at the new EC model again, as I often find myself doing, and it crosses my mind that this looks quite like GW is treating it as our unique version of a 'primaris lieutenant'. I mean in terms of model detail and decadence. I also realised that HM Helbrecht Plays the role of a CM/Captain in providing hit re-rolls. In turn it would be quite fitting that the EC could fill the role of lieutenant and provide a re-roll wounds aura. It would complete the package and it would make sense as in the SoB releases GW did the same thing with the new Palatine role. It could also make quite good sense on his ability to rally the troops.

The aura invuln save was mentioned in some Reddit thread that someone who claimed to be a GW employee was spoiling things in order to prove he was a GW employee.  There's nothing "official" about it so take it with a pinch.  I really hope it's not an aura invuln save.   My personal hope is that the EC is an absolute character-kililng beatstick, possibly something where like "6's to wound cause mortal wounds in addition to normal damage", or the Black Sword ignores invuln saves. Following on the heels of more recent paradigms, a design path might be to turn off enemy aura's within some range. 

If the black Sword ignore invulnerable save it would be amazing !

And for Sigismund there's a lore youtuber guy who said that something was teased in the siege of terra book. Probably something to make him come back because he is far too important for the imperium, maybe the emperor's champion get a part of Sigismund skill ? Or maybe instead of having Dorn as a primarch/warlord later, we will get a ressurected Sigismund. Especialy since one of the black sword is named "WE ARE RETURNED" or something like this.

I would love to have a rule for the Black Sword which is ignoring  rules which ignore damgage. So that we dont use 3 phases (we just have 2 to deal damage) to kill things like Ghazhkull and C-Tan etc...

Or we get lot of Mortal wound mechanics like the holy grenade in the end of the movement phase to deal with them above and the emperors champion can ignore Invulves.

If the black Sword ignore invulnerable save it would be amazing !

And for Sigismund there's a lore youtuber guy who said that something was teased in the siege of terra book. Probably something to make him come back because he is far too important for the imperium, maybe the emperor's champion get a part of Sigismund skill ? Or maybe instead of having Dorn as a primarch/warlord later, we will get a ressurected Sigismund. Especialy since one of the black sword is named "WE ARE RETURNED" or something like this.

Maybe the Eldar will switch a gem on his armour with one of their Soulstones to create the first human pheonix lord? :P

Ah yeah, that's right. Forgot it was specified already that it was invuln save aura. Does seem a little strange for an EC. I could think of more suitable buffs for him for sure.

Back on the topic of Sigismund returning. I wonder if many of you have listened to Baldemort's Emperor's Champion video? It's fantastic if you haven't. Now, disclaimer first, it is not official/canon. However, Baldemort does know a lot of lore and understands many of the paradigms and mechanics of the 40K universe. In his story he mentions the fact that there is a rare occurrence with gene-seed transplantation that a recipient will inherit the appearance of their predecessor and become their reincarnation. They don't retain any of their memories of course but they have all the same skills and traits as their predecessor. Now, I don't know if Baldemort has gotten this piece of fluff from somewhere but when I heard it I was really inspired and I totally bought into the idea. Perhaps this could be how we see Sigismund return.

Ah yeah, that's right. Forgot it was specified already that it was invuln save aura. Does seem a little strange for an EC. I could think of more suitable buffs for him for sure.

Back on the topic of Sigismund returning. I wonder if many of you have listened to Baldemort's Emperor's Champion video? It's fantastic if you haven't. Now, disclaimer first, it is not official/canon. However, Baldemort does know a lot of lore and understands many of the paradigms and mechanics of the 40K universe. In his story he mentions the fact that there is a rare occurrence with gene-seed transplantation that a recipient will inherit the appearance of their predecessor and become their reincarnation. They don't retain any of their memories of course but they have all the same skills and traits as their predecessor. Now, I don't know if Baldemort has gotten this piece of fluff from somewhere but when I heard it I was really inspired and I totally bought into the idea. Perhaps this could be how we see Sigismund return.

Would be amazing and we would get the last firstborn Space Marine ! :teehee:

I would love to have a rule for the Black Sword which is ignoring  rules which ignore damgage. So that we dont use 3 phases (we just have 2 to deal damage) to kill things like Ghazhkull and C-Tan etc...

Or we get lot of Mortal wound mechanics like the holy grenade in the end of the movement phase to deal with them above and the emperors champion can ignore Invulves.

I would love that rule. A friend of mine proxied the new ork named character on the great white squig and his reducing damage ability was so incredibly annoying.

Cant believe Im excited for a damn Monday, they were winking and mentioning Sword Brethren so hopefully they show some miniatures of them tomorrow. I think what they're doing is showcasing the contents for the launchbox so when its over they will announce it for pre order and once November arrives they will start previewing the stuff not on the box like Grimaldus and Helbrecht and some more info on the rules.

I would love that rule. A friend of mine proxied the new ork named character on the great white squig and his reducing damage ability was so incredibly annoying.

the rule i mentioned would not ignore all of that. It would ignore FnP or the abilitie from Ghazgkhull and Ctan for ignoring wounds.

The new Ork character has fnp which would be ignored but not the damage characterstic modifier like the dreadknought have.