Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Iono guys, a Crusader Squad is nothing more than a bog standard troop unit for BT. I haven't seen or read any lore that indicates a scout now is any different than a scout that is going to turn primaris sub a few extra implants while they are a scout. 

BT train scouts mixed in with their fully fledged battle brothers, which now CAN include primaris marines. 

Aesthetically, you may not be pleased with it, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts this will be the squad configuration. Now whether or not those neophytes will get new models, I'm not sure, but I doubt we will EVER see a unit called "primaris scouts" or an equivalent, ever.

Both Sete and Chapter Master Valrak mentioned new "scout-like" Neophyte models.

I'm interpreting Valrak's cryptic reply to an earlier post as these models having even more stripped-down armor than Phobos (bare arms ?) :

Wait until you see the Templar models, you will loose your mind!  

Only if the new neophytes have slashed sleeves (retro-scout vibe)

They have all their arms showing :wink:

Edited by Old-Four-Arms

I wonder how would the statline of "primaris neophyte" look like. If it only have w1 and cost higher than 13pts/model, it would fell in the category of "very uncompetitive", and waste the new-designed, fine-detailed model kits.

I’d guess 2 wounds, 4+ save

I wonder how would the statline of "primaris neophyte" look like. If it only have w1 and cost higher than 13pts/model, it would fell in the category of "very uncompetitive", and waste the new-designed, fine-detailed model kits.

Yeah thats been the issue our neophytes have had since 4th-5th ed, we pay their full price but they cant infiltrate, we'll see if they will fix that discrepancy. I personally doubt neophytes will get two wounds because they arent full Astartes so the distinction should be their number of wounds.

I reckon neos will have the current statline. I dont know about rules, but its what makes sense to me.

I'd agree to this, I don't see much changing in the way of the statline, and if our crusaders are taking the primaris road, well they'll be costed AT LEAST the same as an assault intercessor per model. 

So, maybe adding a scout to the primaris unit would be less of an issue with points, aesthetically though I agree with the majority, a new model would be appreciated.  

I didn't believe the old squat Scouts will be joining Primaris units two pages ago, and I still don't believe it now lol

you should believe the rumors. CM Valrak and Sete have been correct to 100 percent if you look back last 12-18 month.

I would never believe this would be released but if they both tease it then I will believe.

I didn't believe the old squat Scouts will be joining Primaris units two pages ago, and I still don't believe it now lol

you should believe the rumors. CM Valrak and Sete have been correct to 100 percent if you look back last 12-18 month.

I would never believe this would be released but if they both tease it then I will believe.

But they never said this.

But they never said this.

They did.

At any rate

Sword brethren with combi weapons, crusaders with flamers, neophytes that are sleeveless with loincloths.

What I wanna know is, is what would we find on a new vehicle spruce?

They said "something similar" to current Neophytes. Not the same as the actual current neophytes.