Jump to content

Lightning Claws


Recommended Posts

If anyone you know has ever built a squad of raptors, there is a massive amount of lightning claws left over from that kit. And they look pretty good too. Maybe you can get some from them.

 

Because they are so common, I imagine they are pretty cheap on bit seller sites, but I haven't looked.

 

Or if you live in the US, PM me and I can take a look through my bits box and mail you a couple of pairs.

The raptor box has like five pairs of claws, a power sword, power fist, plasma gun, meltagun, a bunch of nice chain swords, a bucket of cool heads, and the bodies can be remodeled into running poses with little effort. Not to mention the jump packs for character conversions.

 

The Raptor box might be worth it just for the bits. And even though it's kind of old by now, the style is much more inline with the new line than the old.

The Warptalon claws are great for Chaos lightning claws on power armour as noted, but the downside of being so good means they can be in rather limited supply. Grot's idea is a great one as that gives you lots of options and anyone with the excellent Tartaros kits probably has some to spare :)

 

Otherwise there's nothing wrong with using loyalist claws. You don't even need to remove or deface any iconography if you don't want, though I find it does a lot to "neutralise" any borrowed equipment :)

are lightning claws rare or what ?

I know Fallen angels gets a pair of lightning claws in their box.

They do not. If you order Fallen Angels you just get the regular Dark Angels veteran box that comes with a storm bolter, power sword, power maul, terminator sergeant power sword and I think that's it for melee weapons. Loyalist veterans have to pick up the vanguard kit for two claws, but some other kits like the assault squad or mark III marines have a single claw in there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.