Pearl-Clad raiders: Gwisk Perlya

Falmovth

The following will be a (hopefully long) record of my modelling and painting projects for my own White Scar successor chapter: The Gwisk Perlya. Think White Scars but Waterworld. I'll upload models as I finish and paint them, along with any lore snippets I can come up with.

I dropped out of warhammer with the death of WHFB, but I've played a few games of 40k in TTS with friends, so I'm stripping my old bikes, building some new ones, all to have a unified army to build and play with at whatever local scene I can find. Below are 2 outriders and a Primaris Chaplain. I used Dark Elf Black guard halberds for the boathook lances they wield, along with the sea dragon for the Chaplain crest. I'll post some handbrushing tests tomorrow on some other outriders.

gallery_256618_17102_366231.jpg

gallery_256618_17103_1495431.jpg

gallery_256618_17103_750137.jpg

Sounds awesome... I'll be following this for sure, White Scars and the Sea ....Very Angry Mongolian Trophy Fishermen :laugh.: ...bring it! 

If you dropped out of Warhammer after WHFB then i strongly suggest not looking at AoS ...the fluff is :yucky: but the models are :wub:  (anyway thats off topic) 

I look forward to seeing what other DE stuff you include here....i hope we see some cool cloaks and hand hooks... 

cheers, Mithril 

Thank you everyone for the interest, Inwas worried the boathook lances seemed a bit too 'chaotic' rather than brutal.

Now, onto some painting tests. I'm making use of Turbodork's 'Motherlode', an iridescent paint made to show pink and blue, like mother of pearl. I plan for this to be the main colur, with an attempt to make the secondary colour look like blue/green nacre that you often find in mussels. Below are handbrushed, just a test before I dust off my airbrush. I used Warithbone as a primer, then 2 thin coats of Vallejo ivory mixed with metallic medium, then 2 coats of motherlode. With an airbrush, I plan to use gloss black primer, Tamiya pearl white (a metallic white), and then the Motherlode. Hopefully the pictures capture the colour shift. Also I need to work out how to take better photos.

gallery_256618_17102_134758.jpg

gallery_256618_17102_338351.jpg