Dark Angels and Successors updated image

Grotsmasha

Got any chapter names for the Primaris ones there Grotsmasha? Some of those schemes look cool.

Left to right, we've got:

Top: Dark Angels, Blades of Vengeance, The Unnamed, Knights of Abhorrence

Bottom: Prime Absolvers, Penitent Blades, Bringers of Judgement, Angels of Defiance

Quite a while ago now, I collaged an image of the DA and their Successor Chapters, I've finally updated it to include the 9th Ed. additions,

gallery_48988_7152_24497.png

nice, but have the Star Phantoms officially been established as DA successors?

No, and I'm not sure about the Angels of Vigilance either, but this was originally created for a DA event, and it decided by the organiser to include them both, so we did.

I have been considering doing one of these with our own successor Chapters, is that something you all would be interested in? The only real problem I see is a consistent format for the images.

We could say Firstborn use the B&C painters, and Primaris use the GW Primaris template?

EDIT: I'll also have a look at adding the names onto the pic

Edited by Grotsmasha

I have been considering doing one of these with our own successor Chapters, is that something you all would be interested in? The only real problem I see is a consistent format for the images.

We could say Firstborn use the B&C painters, and Primaris use the GW Primaris template?

EDIT: I'll also have a look at adding the names onto the pic

I was actually going to suggest something like this in thread!

You could use my Stoneburners, although I can’t do the Chapter icon for the pauldron - I’ve got B&C Painter versions posted in my thread(s) - at least in the WiP one, should be in my IA for them as well.  No Primaris needed for them, since the Chapter was annihilated in the 13th Black Crusade and not rebuilt - however, the Bringers of Judgment sound suspiciously like how I wrote up the Stoneburners as operating:

“When they encounter rebellion, the Bringers of Judgement deem the entire world guilty. In their view, weakness in even one citizen indicates weakness in the entire population, and the punishment for weakness is death. Their fanatical zeal gives the other Unforgiven Chapters pause and the many atrocities they have committed have drawn the ire of the Inquisition. However this has not dissuaded the Bringers of Judgement.”

(I really like this - it embodies 40K-ness to me, BTW, in case it seems otherwise)

That “drawn the ire of the Inquisition” was the whole reason the Unforgiven sentenced the Stoneburners to self-elimination in the 13th BC.