Relics and you templar edition

ChargingSoll

Since we've all seen the codex supplement through review videos and images. What are people thoughts and plans for relics, I think that tannhausers bones will be an auto pick for survivability but would like to see the others as well. Crusader helm on a chaplain seems cool, especially with the actually helmet bit on the helmet less indomitus chaplain. Edited by ChargingSoll

I was thinking more of doing something similar to the night lords where they paint a skull on their helmet, or paint the metallic cross silver to contrast with the black and gold, maybe paint a skull behind the cross on the helmet so it looks like the cross is blocking the skull. Not sure yet just spit balling ideas for the chaplian. Edited by ChargingSoll

I can't in good conscience give a chaplain the Crusader's Helm because it isn't a skull helmet lol

Better then no helmet at all, truly become a crusading battle priest. Was going to use a reiver helmet but I want the chaplian to have something more unique.
Oh don't worry, he won't be striding into battle helm-less. I already gave him the dark vengeance chaplain helmet!

I can't in good conscience give a chaplain the Crusader's Helm because it isn't a skull helmet lol

Neither is Grimaldus’ helmet. It used to bug me a little bit I learned to like it

Eh at least that's a stylized face what with the "teeth" of the mouth grill. 

It's considered a stylized skull helm. At least ADB thought it was when he wrote Helsreach. (or at the very least that's a convenient defense when asked about skull helm :P)

It was probably considered the height of skull fashion when MkV armour was released. However, as the fashion for more outre and gauche skull helms continued, it now appears somewhat tame.

Connoisseurs of the genre look back to its refined look with admiration, substance over style you could say.

Edited by Brother Adelard

It's considered a stylized skull helm. At least ADB thought it was when he wrote Helsreach. (or at the very least that's a convenient defense when asked about skull helm :tongue.:)

GW Studio just don't paint the interior part of the faceplate silver, that's the disconnect. If they did, it would be more obvious.

If we want to give a chaplain the crusader helm we could always convert it into a crozius? What says faith and zeal more than beating your enemies to death with the helmet of a fallen brother?

Neither is Grimaldus’ helmet. It used to bug me a little bit I learned to like it

Eh at least that's a stylized face what with the "teeth" of the mouth grill. 

Yeah that's why it grew on me. I might even paint mine bone colored. So excited for it to get here.

I always used that dark angel's FW helmet with the brazier in the mouth piece as my crusaders helm.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Dark-Angels-Legion-Heads-Upgrade-Set

The incense wafts across the battlefield and enrages the initiates haha

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+