PSA: Primaris Captain with Plasma Pistol and MC Sword...

Orange Knight

I have just checked the official Battle-Forge on the Warhammer app. It allows for a Primaris Captain in any chapter to be equipped with a Plasma Pistol and MC Power Sword for 95 points.

These rules have not been published as an online datasheet, or in the magazine, so there was confusion on how to use the model in matched play games.

As far as I'm aware this is the only example of a unit option that only exists in the Warhammer Forge app, in an official capacity.

I have just checked the official Battle-Forge on the Warhammer app. It allows for a Primaris Captain in any chapter to be equipped with a Plasma Pistol and MC Power Sword for 95 points.

These rules have not been published as an online datasheet, or in the magazine, so there was confusion on how to use the model in matched play games.

As far as I'm aware this is the only example of a unit option that only exists in the Warhammer Forge app, in an official capacity.

That is because of the new BT model, and I guess an error on their part making it any chapter.

That is because of the new BT model, and I guess an error on their part making it any chapter.

This was also my assumption, however it is not the case. There are other wargear options that are available to the BT Captain that have not been included in the options, such as the Axe, Combi-Weapon, etc

The new loadout is for the captain in the Imperium magazine issue 5:

Was about to go find this as well, it should be for this model as you mention. We should be seeing that datasheet updated at some point, perhaps in the next campaign book there will be a reprint of the Captain datasheet?

I'm rejoicing. I've got two primaris captains built and painted, and one is carrying the sword + plasma pistol load out.

Build your Captain with a holstered pistol and he can have any new pistol loadouts GW comes up with. *taps forehead*

Eh true, but I preferred the pose and holding the pistol.

It was a hobbying pref.

To be fair, it is a lovely model, and quite useful to boot. I hope we see more Halos modelled like that one. The way GW has decided to line up the captain options is more than a bit odd, I think one of my favourite parts of Warhammer in 5th and 6th edition was carefully and lovingly selecting my captain's load out, picking through the bitz box... Wistful sigh...those were the days.

To be fair, it is a lovely model, and quite useful to boot. I hope we see more Halos modelled like that one. The way GW has decided to line up the captain options is more than a bit odd, I think one of my favourite parts of Warhammer in 5th and 6th edition was carefully and lovingly selecting my captain's load out, picking through the bitz box... Wistful sigh...those were the days.

In fairness there's quite a few options for a Primaris Captain these days and there's nothing stopping you from picking up some Intercessors and Assault Intercessors and kit-bashing up any of those weapon loads. If I had to start over due to catastrophic fire or something that's probably how I'd do my Captains, Lieutenants, and Ancients.

• 1 year later...

Hi there.  Sorry if this issue is already common knowledge but I'm picking up 40K for the first time since 2nd Edition...
I have the Primaris Captain with Plasma Pistol & Sword that was bundled with Imperium magazine. According to the 10th edition indexes, I can only take a plasma pistol with a power fist? I've searched everywhere for an answer as this seems to have also been the issue for a while. Is this model listed anywhere else other than the Space Marine index or is it simply not possible to use this load out - which seems odd given that it's a fairly recent GW model.
Cheers

I don't know for sure but I suspect GW simply forgot. Given that most other units can swap an MC Power Sword for a Fist and vice versa, it should not be a problem in friendly games. I suspect most people won't even realise it is not technically a legal loadout. It might be an issue at Tournaments but I don't know if that is a concern for you.

The simplest solution is to mention it to your opponent before the game and explain the issue. If they really object, offer to run it as "counts as a power fist".