The Crusade of the Righteous - Inceptors!

Sir Clausel

On 12/8/2023 at 10:38 AM, Brother Christopher said:

Cool model, it has a very classic/oop feel to it. Maybe it's because of the bottom part of the tabard which appears to come from the old Crusader Squad kit. Regardless, as always, excellent work.

Yup thats exactly where its from. Still have a few bits left from that old awesome kit!

Anyway i have made another Castellan ! 

20231208_080733.jpg

20231208_080740.jpg

20231208_080746.jpg

20231208_080754.jpg

3 hours ago, Brother Christopher said:

Very nice freehand. Very crisp and clean, I like it a lot. Also, the little cross on the power-cell-thingy on the backpack is an extremely nice touch. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of these helmets but you shouldn't care about it one bit.

Thank you very much. The cross on the backpack is actually very very easy because the round thing isnt completely round as it have those rivet thingy. 

I just love bucket helms and no one can change my mind. But offcourse people are free to not like them :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey mate, is there any chance for pictures of your SB and termies either on a more neutral background, or with less red-skewed white balance?

I understand if you have technical limitations (e.g. phone camera doing what it does), but I'm curious about some of the armour work and it all skews red so hard.

38 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Hey mate, is there any chance for pictures of your SB and termies either on a more neutral background, or with less red-skewed white balance?

I understand if you have technical limitations (e.g. phone camera doing what it does), but I'm curious about some of the armour work and it all skews red so hard.

The background should be pretty neutral. I have tried looking at the pics with different screens and the red is VERY different on the three screens i have tried(my 2 pc screens and my phone which they actually look the best colorwise) So maybe that will help for you? Otherwise ill see what I can do.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a special one. Was so lucky to win a giveaway by the awesome kitbashpowerhead on instagram(go check him out he makes some awesome conversions!) So i won 3 of his awesomely converted Black Templars Outriders! They where so awesome i haaad to make them some friends that would fit. He made them without helmets so i had to give them some helmets on. Luckily he had put some cool ones on their hips i could use. Other than that he had made a very adorned backpack for the sergeant that was just a bit to much for a sergeant so i have saved it for a Chaplain on bike to lead them later so that it will still be with the squad.

Next up is their Chaplain to lead them!

20240327_084917.jpg

20240327_085019.jpg

20240327_085109.jpg

20240327_085154.jpg

20240327_085226.jpg

20240327_085241.jpg

Wow, the alternate tires for the bikes make a huge difference. It's a bit silly to say this but I like them a lot; they definitely work well and add a bit of extra punch to the models.

Your paintjob is excellent, as always. I also find the concrete slabs for the bases very cool.

9 hours ago, Brother Christopher said:

Wow, the alternate tires for the bikes make a huge difference. It's a bit silly to say this but I like them a lot; they definitely work well and add a bit of extra punch to the models.

Your paintjob is excellent, as always. I also find the concrete slabs for the bases very cool.

Both of those are things kitbashpowerhead added to them. I decided to try and do the concrete slabs on my bases too so they would fit better. The tires are very cool indeed! But i didnt want to get those for my extra dudes simply because they seemed to be diffecult to add to the bikes and I didnt they buying them would be worth it as i think the original ones are just fine.