Best use of 50points.....

BaldrickRSA

Hello all,

Working on 2000point list. Have gotten to 1950, so decided to spend the last 50 points on:

Company Veteran, with storm shield and power axe, 47points.

Thinking I will add him to my 6x Bladeguard unit (210points), with Storm shields and master crafted power swords, and have the 7 of them walk across the battlefield, delivering death to the hectics.......

Thoughts on the use of the 50/47 points on the Company Veteran? Knowing that HQ and other slots are maxed out…….

Yours thankfully

BaldrickRSA

Company vets are a great cheap unit for holding a home objective, if you don't think your opponent will try and take it. 50pts I'd rather spend on a MM attack bike if I can scrounge another 10. I'd be tempted to drop the bladeguard down to 5 to make them less vulnerable to plasma inceptors, then you have ~90pts for stuff. 

Company vets are a great cheap unit for holding a home objective, if you don't think your opponent will try and take it. 50pts I'd rather spend on a MM attack bike if I can scrounge another 10. I'd be tempted to drop the bladeguard down to 5 to make them less vulnerable to plasma inceptors, then you have ~90pts for stuff.

Seconded, I would then grab a Land Speeder Tornado with Assault cannon and MM. Useful to break up light infantry and to upset tanks a little too.

Alternatively, if you drop the Blade guard guy, an five man stock assault squad can be handy for nabbing objectives and rapid reaction work. The Meltabomb strat is actually quite handy, and honestly, who doesn't love hurling some jump pack marines at their foe?