New Templars taking their first tournament victory

a_typical_hero

Crusader Squads in lieu of Assault Intercessors is probs a good way to save a few points for squad relics.

Also a good platform to get some x2 power fists on a squad of 5. sure one is an initiate with 1 attack when not charging, but it's still nice to have at least one more chance to put damage on something

Speaking of crusaders, I am surprised I didn’t see any power fists in the squads. This may be because I have double power fist crusader squads, but it really does seem the squads are almost naked without them. Then again, it is less points and he has anti-tank covered with the redemptors and vanguard vets….

5 man squads have problems against orks. They trigger the +1 to hit. 10 Man squads not. Then they are still cheaper because 3+ or 4+ save in this edition means nothing and 3 points per model cheaper is way better when fielding 12 Neophytes. Thats 36 points !!

Speaking of crusaders, I am surprised I didn’t see any power fists in the squads. This may be because I have double power fist crusader squads, but it really does seem the squads are almost naked without them. Then again, it is less points and he has anti-tank covered with the redemptors and vanguard vets….

5 man squads have problems against orks. They trigger the +1 to hit. 10 Man squads not. Then they are still cheaper because 3+ or 4+ save in this edition means nothing and 3 points per model cheaper is way better when fielding 12 Neophytes. Thats 36 points !!

I think I was talking about the primaris crusader squads, not firstborn. Don't remember, but the tactical advice is good!

Wasn't on my radar, but we did take another tournament! List can be found here: https://www.goonhammer.com/competitive-innovations-in-9th-talos-terrorize-texas/

This time with min sized Crusader squads to unlock a bigger detachment for more elites.

What is interesting - again - is that there are no other Templars under the "best of the rest". I guess many people haven't figured it out yet how they can win? Or are more skilled players not picking up BT?

It's very similar to my list, but that just goes to show how much better these guys are than your average 9th enjoyed lol.

I don't think the crusaders being crusaders matters. He simply took the cheapest troop units and a fist assault intercessors squad. I am very curious about going above 5 man for the bgv and terminators. Usually that's seen as a no no in case you start to attract blast shots.

It certainly does seem like you need to be skilled with piloting a rather more defensive marine list to place with it. It's not like a lot of these other armies where people need to scramble and buy 800$ of new product; marines already are everywhere.