Crusade badges and personal heraldry

Maritn

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the eternal crusade, so forgive me if it's a stupid question, but I didn't find answers on this forum.

I bought a bunch of shields for my BT, so every model can have a shield on its shoulder or chest (except maybe for the Sword Brethren, didn't find enough space on the one from the starter box). You know, these small shields like those on the Bladeguard Veterans chests, or like those in the (Assault) Intercessor kits. The thing is, these shields I bought already have heraldry on them. Does the crusade badge have to go on these shields, or can the crusade badge also go anywhere else? So they can wear the crusade badge AND their personal heraldry. The text in the supplement leaves room for interpretation, so I thought I'd as the Sword Brethren here on this board.

And for the crusade badges found on the decal sheet: One of them is from the Tanhelm crusade, and one from the Heimdel crusade. What crusades are the other two badges from?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I can't, off the top of my head, remember what one of the Crusade Badges are on the decal sheet are, but the one with the white field with a red stripe and Maltese cross in the top left is the badge for the War of Armageddon.

In respect to your initial question, however, the Crusade Badge can go on a tilting shield if it is blank, or if not (or no shield is present), any blank piece of armor large enough to accommodate it, such as the lower leg or knee. There is, as mentioned above, no "real" uniform place for them in regards to the Chapter. Just put it where it fits.

Edited by SWORD BROTHER RYAN