Mr Parker starts a Crusade

m_r_parker

So I think it's time to commit to yet another army with a dark / black colour scheme....

In all honesty, the models in this range are spectacular and there was no way I was going to pass up on getting some of these. Yet again, my desire to get a whole force of these may end up being more than my output can handle. But at least I have I should have fun doing it.

+++ MODELS TO BE BUILT / PAINTED +++

In terms of what I have bought / partially assembled, the list looks a little like:

• Marshall
  • Castellan
  • Primaris Chaplain
  • Primaris Techmarine
  • Primaris Apothecary
  • Primaris Crusader Squad
  • Intercessor Squad
  • Assault Intercessor Squad
  • Eradicator Squad
  • Bladeguard Veteran Squad
  • 2 Sword Brethren Squads
  • 3(?) Templar Upgrade Packs
  • 3 Redemptor Dreadnoughts (2 Full and 1 ETB)

And I'm pretty sure I have a couple of Combat Patrol boxes from various chapters, an Indomitus or two, and some previous Christmas bundles that I can take from should I need to flesh this out any further.

Certainly after Christmas I'll be looking at getting a Templar Combat Patrol to give a second Crusader Squad and an Impulsor. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And here's something that has been crossing my mind since the Sword Brethren box was released:

+++ SWORD BRETHREN AND CASTELLANS +++

So I was pleasantly surprised on opening my box of Sword Brethren that there's options to build a Castellan, which I hadn't realised when flicking through the codex supplement or placing my order. As I understand it, a Castellan is equivalent to a Lieutenant in other chapters, and according to the codex supplement there's only a stat line for a Brethren and no sergeant-esque model in that unit. Also in the photos of an assembled Castellan (the guy with a Power Sword and Auto-Plasma) his pads are black with red trim (indicating Veteran) whereas I would have thought a Castellan would be part of the command structure and therefore have white pads with black trim. 

So what's the consensus on this? Have they accidentally used the term 'Castellan' in the instructions as a sergeant model for the unit, even though there's no such thing. Or is this a way of making a Lieutenant from the kit, and they mucked up the colour of the pads when they painted it?

I mean, it feels almost right that the squad leader of a Sword Brethren unit would be in line to become a Lieutenant. Or am I simply overthinking this? I know the answer from a lot will be "Do what you want, they're your models.", but I kinda want to pick peoples brains to see what others think.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More to follow...

The sword brethren kit is meant to be able to make a castellan, ie a full on lieutenant. The minimum squad size for sword brethren is thus 4, since the fifth model might have been used to make said castellan

Looks wise red sword brother look has been adopted for castellans, i guess as a throwback to the old lore that the castellans were drawn from thd sword brethren

Edited by Reinhard