Guard has lost its appeal

55 minutes ago, jarms48 said:

This could be likely, seeing as the CSM Vindicator is D3+3 shots. So Russes could get this too.

Personally I’d rather GW find a different way to represent explosive rounds rather than giving them multiple shots.

maybe like a splash damage rule, roll hit and wound at the main profile, then splash damage hits at half S, AP, and D (rounding down).

or something like that.

6 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Personally I’d rather GW find a different way to represent explosive rounds rather than giving them multiple shots.

maybe like a splash damage rule, roll hit and wound at the main profile, then splash damage hits at half S, AP, and D (rounding down).

or something like that.

I still doubt that removing the shooting temlates was a good idea. They were perfectly representing explosions and spray shots 

Edited by Shamansky

It's very likely out turrets will follow other similar weapons.

Chaos Defiler, which was basically a BC and Knights RFBC have stayed the same on shots and AP, but gained flat 3 damage. So I expect the same for our BC, D6 shots AP2 3D.

Vindicator Demolisher went to D3+3 shots, AP4 D6 damage.

So you'd have one gun with swingy shots but reliable damage and the other with reliable shots but swingy damage. I'd be suprised if we saw vastly different statlines for us.

Edited by sairence

48 minutes ago, sairence said:

Chaos Defiler, which was basically a BC and Knights RFBC have stayed the same on shots and AP, but gained flat 3 damage. So I expect the same for our BC, D6 shots AP2 3D.

Vindicator Demolisher went to D3+3 shots, AP4 D6 damage.

So you'd have one gun with swingy shots but reliable damage and the other with reliable shots but swingy damage. I'd be suprised if we saw vastly different statlines for us.

If you asked me a couple of months ago I would have said the same, but after Nids dropped I think they’re going to up the minimum shot count. 

I expect the Codex to come by September at the latest. Which means it'll probably have been sent off for printing aby now. Very much doubt the impact of the last Codexes will change anything about the book anymore. You'll just see further nerfs to Nids, if their winrate stays where it is.