mechanicum army building?

badgermeister

I'm returning to heresy gaming after a 6-7 year hiatus - however on reading through some of the mech army lists i'm reminded that lots of the compulsory troop choices arent scoring.

Page 16 in the taghmata book in the short paragraph marked 'Scoring units' mentions that units taken as troop choices are counted as scoring units unless falling back?  so how come the comments that Castellax in a cybernetica list arent scoring is confusing me.  Or have i got this wrong?

Someone may have the book to hand for the explicit page reference (possibly in their profile or appendix re: Cybernetica Cohort), but it’s correct from memory: despite that, they cannot score - only act as a denial unit - which makes it more challenging naturally to have to fit in actual scoring units! It’s the trade off, inevitably. 

Someone may have the book to hand for the explicit page reference (possibly in their profile or appendix re: Cybernetica Cohort), but it’s correct from memory: despite that, they cannot score - only act as a denial unit - which makes it more challenging naturally to have to fit in actual scoring units! It’s the trade off, inevitably. 

The rules are found on page 110 of the mechanicum red book in the rules section for Cybernetica cortex under the sub heading Machine creature

The rules are found on page 110 of the mechanicum red book in the rules section for Cybernetica cortex under the sub heading Machine creature

There we go, that'll be the one!

It's why most builds thus need to factor in Tech Thralls/Thallax for some scoring potential. 

Adsecularis Covenant.

Thallax Cohort. 

Scyllax Guardian Automata.

Secutarii Peltas Phalanx.

Secutarii Hoplite Phalanx.

Enginseer Tech-Priest Auxillia when running a(n) (Arch)Magos Macrotek (they become troop choices).

Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery when running The Matrix of Ruin / Ordo Reductor.

If you wanna score, then stick to these units. As it has been mentioned, Cybernetica Cortex / Battle-Automata units can never score.