Doghouse and the great and all powerful STC

Doghouse

I've base coated in Averland Sunset and will now go over the model with a mix of Averland and Flash Gitz yellow before working up to a highlight of Flazhgitz.

Just mostly blocking out the colours for now but will clean up and start highlighting and shading in proper once I am done.

P1010589

I've base coated in Averland Sunset and will now go over the model with a mix of Averland and Flash Gitz yellow before working up to a highlight of Flazhgitz.

Just mostly blocking out the colours for now but will clean up and start highlighting and shading in proper once I am done.

Not sure if intentional or not, but that chap looks very similar to the main guy in Astartes :biggrin.:

I came so close to doing them as the Retributors so you're not far off!  :D

I think the guy that did Astartes have a very similar vision of how we both see 40k. My perfect take on Astartes would be totally humanised before the Heresy and utterly relatable with thoughts and feelings which is what led to their undoing and then ultra mega brain condition so they are like Kurt Russell in Soldier. It wouldn't make for very interesting Black Library novels though.

Kurt Russell in Soldier. 

Ahhh you absolute legend, I couldnt remember the name of that film and its been doing me head in for months now. May give that a watch later when the missus is out.

So there is another project that I want to work on which is basically a Unification War army. I'm not sure what Legion to do these as but may go with the first Legion as it makes a lot of sense to me. I may do these as proto-Astartes being tested alongside more conventional forces which would mean I could include Thunder Warriors.

P1010590

P1010592

P1010591

They are pretty monopose but like a lot of this stuff I am printing it's all about experimentation and testing to see what works. The other cool part about printing is I am not restricted to a specific style so I can do multiple forces in different styles and scales. I've used some cheap black resin but will switch over to grey come payday.

those mk3s and that contemptor are lookin reall real crispy man for cheap resin that black stuff looks like it worked out pretty well better than my recent foray into budget resins lol i know i wont be buying voxelab green again. Have you started looking at doing any upscaled vehicles for your jumbo marines ? they would look pretty amazing with a properly scaled rhino or land raider and with the size of your print bed either should be easy peasy

Those mk2's look familiar. I been printing a bunch of them up myself with the bodies scaled up to chaos marine size. There's so many good bits for mk2 for 3d printers I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at all of it. Are those from the cruciata cohort on cults3d by chance or just the standard loggky ones?