Blood Angels Characters taken down

Khorneeq

It means they'll come back for a MTO run (if not updated in between), likely when the next Supplement comes out.

Really, it happens with Middle Earth all the time with the older Finecast/Metal miniatures there. Things come back into favor during campaigns (Lothlorien and Easterlings being a big example now), and there's things that are just seasonally available.

Really, I'm a bit surprised they haven't done this before now, it's relatively commonplace with some of their other games.

I'd say this looks like a purely financial decision - less varied and overall smaller stocks being held and handled at a given time. Plus I think all (or at least a solid portion) are finecast which is causing us and them problems.
They are not discontinuing those models. 

On the other hand, they may have higher chance about getting primaris-ized product in the future.

Unless they completely re-write Tycho's character I doubt we'll be seeing the old 3rd company pretty boy getting updated.

Shame, he's one of my favorite models and the back story behind how he came to be a figure is still one of my favorite pieces that helped me fall in love with blood angels.