Primaris Champion

CCE1981

I'm not worked up about it at all.

I just think complaining about Champion Stances being somehow too much is laughable when in reality it's no different to choosing Librarian Powers or Chaplain Mantras.

I suspect they'll be even simpler than that, they'll likely just be "Chop More", "Chop Harder" or "Chop First" or a very similar selection and you choose each turn how you want to fight.

Rik

I don't disagree with the Champion stances at all, but whether it's part of a wider trend that I wouldn't agree with. I.e., if it's just the Champion, that's okay, but if every single HQ option in the Codex has something like this, then it's too much.

I would also love to see a proper command squat option for primaris.

Something like:

- apothecary

- ancient

- champion

- 0-2 lieutenants

- 0-2 veterans

Single choice that doesn’t use a slot if you have a captain

All have to be on foot if the captain is.

Logically it would be lieutenants, not veterans in such a unit, it’s the company command structure essentially. But from a rule perspective, the lieutenants stuck in a unit would suck and really you’d want vets with the bodyguard rule.

Or they’d have to have it that the command squad can be split up like lieutenants can already, but perhaps all have the bodyguard rule for the captain they were purchased for.

I would also love to see a proper command squat option for primaris.

Something like:

- apothecary

- ancient

- champion

- 0-2 lieutenants

- 0-2 veterans

Single choice that doesn’t use a slot if you have a captain

All have to be on foot if the captain is.

Logically it would be lieutenants, not veterans in such a unit, it’s the company command structure essentially. But from a rule perspective, the lieutenants stuck in a unit would suck and really you’d want vets with the bodyguard rule.

Or they’d have to have it that the command squad can be split up like lieutenants can already, but perhaps all have the bodyguard rule for the captain they were purchased for.

This would make sense, given how OG Marine command squads work already. Probably what we will end up seeing once all options are available as Primaris.

The stances thing has been covered a bit already but I imagine it'll just be handled like multiple weapon profiles you can choose between to hit harder, hit more or be less (defensive stance or whatever), like Rik said. Should be simple enough that way, but I guess only time will tell if it's something neat and compact or ends up being more convoluted than a guy with a big sword really needs to be.

• 4 weeks later...

I really do need to get around to emailing my gravis question to GW, because I thought the gravis change was an attempt to make having two melee weapons meaningful all the time by granting some extra attacks with the off-hand weapon.

The champion stances are nothing new. Grey Knight champions have had them since 5th edition I think.

• 2 weeks later...