What can we expect from a new marine codex?

Rhavien

While we certainly have to wait some time till we can expect a new blood angels supplement, I was thinking about how we, as a faction could benefit from a new space marine codex. Chapter tactics are written in the main book, as well as one chapter specific warlord trait (speed of the primarch right now).

What would you like to see?

More viable tanks for one, I like to field tanks, but they aren't doing great right now. More incentive to take assault marines over VV, again, they aren't good enough to justify taking right now. Lastly, I want to see a price cut on Impulsors and rhinos. The former often costs more than the squad inside, either make it carry ten or make it cheaper. The Rhino isn't too bad right now, but it isn't doing what it should, increasing the cost of a squad of Tactical marines by ~40% for a relatively minor boost in survivability is a bit too much, and if it takes any real damage it isn't giving much speed either.

Lore-wise, I want to actually see the Imperium on the offensive. So far the Indomitus Crusade isn't represented too much in the codices, so let's see the Imperium making real gains in the lore and making those spiky fellas feel the wrath of the Emperor!

So expect vs want are two different thought processes.

I expect we will get some points adjustments for the least used units in the game. Usually as editions progress and we move to the next wave we see meta changes. Will it be the resurgence of parking lots? Will MSU remain king? Those are good questions.

I, like Mort, expect to see universal AP reductions with more tweaks to the successor chapter tactics, along side stratagem changes and nerfs.

What I want on the other hand is better secondaries than the ones we currently have. Especially the DC one which isn't good, at all, and really needs a re-work imo.

Secondly I would like to see a rework on either savage echoes, or the red thirst, to bring them up to par with real scary melee centric armies.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten