Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

Interesting throw away line in the article about LoV teaching the Tau how to harness the power of Ion technology.

Does this possibly confirm LoV and Demiurg are one in the same?

I certainly hope so. That would give us three squat variants: the imperium ones, the leagues of Votann, and the xeno-adjacent demiurgs.

So much choices.

This thing about "owning cloneskeins" vibes of both mythical "skinwalkers" and cyberpunk "sleeves". Does this mean the Kin can swap bodies at will or upgrade to a "better suited" body?

They're just genecrafted clones, the cloneskeins appears to just be a collection or database of useful mutations that they graft onto a sample of DNA

The First Ancestors are held responsible for the cloneskeins – the systems of stable mutations that underpin the entire genetic structure of the Kin to this day. The gene pool drawn upon by the Leagues of Votann is stable, deep, and varied – this is no race of identical clones. In practical terms, the cloneskeins have produced a species with denser bones and muscles than baseline humans, higher red and white blood cell counts, and formidable strength and resilience.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Lexington said:

Hoping to like them better in person than I have in photography so far. The basic visual elements look okay to me, but the actual execution has felt kind of awkward and over-designed.

There is a YouTube review of the NecroSquat miners I saw in which they  look (even) better than the photos, so hopefully that gives you some hope for the same with these Kin.

https://youtu.be/ZLyb0s2MhGU

Edited by SpaceDwalin

25 minutes ago, SpaceDwalin said:

There is a YouTube review of the NecroSquat miners I saw in which they  look (even) better than the photos, so hopefully that gives you some hope for the same with these Kin.

https://youtu.be/ZLyb0s2MhGU

Yes I expect them to be a lot better in real life- I didn't like the miners at all but seeing the actual sprues and plastic changed my mind. Really like the look of the squad - especially the Theyns. Looks like the kit will be loaded with options, loving the variety of heads and great to see some female ones. The odd model looks a bit awkward [the one with the pistol], but I think generally they look great and its going to be fun seeing what people do with them, especially when we see other parts of the range and how they might mix and match! 

1 hour ago, SpaceDwalin said:

It's a shame the Kin squad reveal happened when B and C was offline.

What do people think. I really like them and love that we can have mixed Fleshy Kin and Ironkin units.

Loving the lore too.

Looks great! Liked them a whole lot more than those street sweeper bikes.

The guy with sunglasses and a beard is definitely going to be a squad leader.

Looking forward to seeing more units, especially those "accelerated" units and the elites mentioned in the leaked Strategem cards.

19 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Looks great! Liked them a whole lot more than those street sweeper bikes.

The guy with sunglasses and a beard is definitely going to be a squad leader.

Looking forward to seeing more units, especially those "accelerated" units and the elites mentioned in the leaked Strategem cards.

I'm really intrigued as to what the Bezerks look like and really looking forward to seeing the characters! I'm imagining the exo-suits to be pretty chunky!

Im not vibing with the visual aesthetic of the Leagues, deffo an OG Squat fan, at least with a bit of work I can still get by running my existing army with the new codex so that saves me a ton of cash. I guess its a case of be careful what you wish for, at least Squats are back though so thats good, and you guys like them, I hope the range does well though as any Squats are better than no Squats. I cant wait to read the dex, the lore does sound good. 

2 hours ago, SpaceDwalin said:

It's a shame the Kin squad reveal happened when B and C was offline.

What do people think. I really like them and love that we can have mixed Fleshy Kin and Ironkin units.

Loving the lore too.

Looking excellent, as does everything about League of Votann so far. Codex soon one hopes..

The first thing you might notice is that they look a little squat compared to many other races in the galaxy. Measuring up at around 4ft (1.4m) on average, Kin are miniscule compared to the warriors of the Adeptus Astartes, but they can pack almost as much of a punch.

LQMs0Yanx6xanRZe.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/30/lore-of-the-votann-the-anatomy-of-the-kin/

44 minutes ago, Azaiel said:

Love the artwork piece in the end of the article, have no idea who the Votann is speaking to but he/she/it looks cool.

Overall whoever is doing the artwork for Votann is killing it.

Yes! Love that artwork! I thought it was admech but is it an inquisitor [is there an I on his/hers/its crest?] or maybe a rogue trader?

It looks like a Pioneer Kin character they are talking to. The head shots are really cool as well, it seems they are coming soon- maybe after chaos? 

27 minutes ago, phandaal said:

They should be the same size as Necromunda squats since those were designed around the same time.

Isn't Necromunda scale a bit bigger than regular 40k? I wouldn't be surprised if the NecroSquats were a bit bigger than Kin. 

There's a photo on another forum (The Grand Alliance - AoS) which shows NecroSquats slightly bigger than Kharadrons.