Ideas for rhino conversion

HanShotFirst

Can you give us some parameters as for what you are looking for.  For example, are you open to 3rd party parts (if you play in GW tourneys, you might not be).  Do you want to be scratch building, or do you prefer going with premade parts (whether GW or not)?

Though not restricted to Thousand Sons, @Subtle Discord's chaos rhino trim  is excellent, though you may need to monitor his website as it isn't always available.  I used it for my Emperor's Children rhino and was really pleased with the result.  The trim around the door would likely need some modification for the deimos, but it should otherwise be serviceable.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 2 weeks later...

God of magic, mutation and change...

You looking for tentacles and eyeballs? A fusion between a spawn and a rhino?

Glorious 'Egyptian' sarcophagus on wheels?

A lord of change punished for its hubris...?!

• 4 weeks later...

T.sons are less about the pointy spikes than the other traitor legions are, which makes it difficult to find/convert anything to fit the clean wavy asthetic found on all modern day rubric/terminators. I too plan on using all the deimos pattern new plastic kits for my t.sons and I have a few 3d parts ive made myself. I need to adapt a couple to work with the Deimos pattern, when I get a moment I'll throw up a couple pictures, but I used the picture of a t.sons rhino in the 8th ed. codex as inspiration. I can see either going a mutation route with colorfor daemon flesh and eyes and bird stuff, or a cleaner rubric-like asthetic. You can search for ideas online. 

Edited by Xenith

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1st edition someone entered a Land Raider into Golden Daemon and that had a massive T'Sons crest on the top of it. You could try something similar. Ill have a look though my pdf's and see if I have that issue, If I have Ill drop the image here.