Thaumaturgic Succour

Valkyrion

Apart from sounding like a death metal band, this power says:

If the psychic check is passed then all non-vehicle models in the target unit may roll a D6. On a roll of 5+ that model regains a single lost wound.

If I understand wound allocation correctly, then I can't think of a ready example where more than one model in a unit has lost a wound, but the rules don't seem to prevent me from rolling 10 D6 to heal my one Veteran which has lost a wound as it doesn't specify that only wounded models may roll a D6.

Is this shenanigans, or as intended? Because of how wound allocation works then this power isn't that powerful, certainly not compared to turning off reactions or granting 4++ bubbles, but I thought I'd best check as there's every chance I've misunderstood at least one relevant rule. 

"That model regains a single lost wound" You can roll for the unwounded models too but each die is associated with a different model and only the roll for the wounded model can have any effect.

It Will Not Die on Lernean terminators is similarly underwhelming for the same reason; the wound allocation rules almost always require wounded models to take the next hit so most likely you will only get a few rolls for one model across a 5 or 6 turn game.

Suzerains can all rock a single wound before death due to character. Any terminator unit can have a wounded seargent and a wounded duder. Multiple independent characters and seargents in a death star, that kind of thing. 

They're all a bit fringe cases, but anyone's opponent seeing the full application of 2nd wounding for the first time is sure to be very frustrated. Especially with the lazy suzans.

9 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Suzerains can all rock a single wound before death due to character. Any terminator unit can have a wounded seargent and a wounded duder. Multiple independent characters and seargents in a death star, that kind of thing. 

They're all a bit fringe cases, but anyone's opponent seeing the full application of 2nd wounding for the first time is sure to be very frustrated. Especially with the lazy suzans.

Yeah, don’t think anyone wants to go back to the days of 5th Ed nob bikers - even if it kinda makes this psychic power a bit meh sometimes