Legion Recon Company limitations.

Vostroi
Go to solution Solved by ashc,

No unit that includes any models with the heavy sub type may be deployed on the battlefield during deployment and must instead be placed into reserves. 

Does this apply to Cataphractii in a transport as well? I assume yes but I'm really struggling to fit my starter box Cataphractii in my Alpha Legion shooty army. 

Recon says heavies must start in reserve while the headhunter rite says that vehicles must start in reserve. 

Hmmm, I wonder if you deploy the Terminators into a Spartan, would that circumvent this requirement?  Don't have my book handy.

Another possibility is to use a Warmonger Consul to give them Deepstrike (that unit is in the Legacy Units PDF).  Then at least they could be in Reserves but get to where they're needed for later turns.

Run them as Lerneans, you might as well deep strike them with a warmonger, do that on a objective in objective-games since the have the line-rule. Deepstriking them is not that bad since they have volkite chargers to shoot with. Give some of them chainfists and powerfists so they can deal with heavy infantry/vehicles and dreads.