Kabalite warriors I painted for my friend.

Urkh

Hey everyone! I have a friend who has recently started 40k with dark eldar. In exchange for him building me a war table, I am painting his combat patrol. He wasn't quite sure how he wanted the color scheme to go, just that he wanted black, red, and purple. I came up with a few different schemes, and painted up two kabalite warriors in 5 different schemes that he will chose from on Monday when he sees them in person. My personal favorite is the far right pair. I'm pretty sure he's going to pick far left though. Which is your guy's favorite?

20220826_222132.jpg

After seeing the minis in person, he chose the ones on the far right. However, he didn't like the red helmets, and preferred the purple helmets like on the red body guys. 

I'm going to paint up an Incubi in that new scheme and see where we go.

Edited by Urkh
Changed left to right... woops...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the above... :rolleyes: Drukari are kind of a rag tag bunch o pirates that a standard uniform doesn't need to happen... i really like the whole bunch of em together !!

If it was me, I would be happy with a Unit in each colour :tongue: so we could tell em apart on the table but still see the army as a cohesive force...

I love the far right pair (of course they look great) but the purple bodied/red headed guys next to them are really sweet looking models too :thumbsup:

Then i'd choose the middle guys, then far left guys with 2nd from left in last place...

Overall a very nice colour palette and well painted mini's , your mate's a lucky guy !! 

I'm Definitely following this topic.. 

Cheers, M 

Edited by Mumeishi

Ya know after reading this i realized something, in all the many years( scince their first appearance long ago) of collecting dark eldar ive always had a hard time with color schemes. Now i see that they dont have to. Each model can have its own colors. Now as soon as i finish some commission jobs im doing my wyches are gonna get the pyrate, i.e., different cult schemes. Each one will be its own and then ill move on to the warriors. A bunch of repaint on them. Oh boy!

So thanks for this eye opening topic.

@Dread @sitnam nothing makes me happier than knowing my work has inspired someone else, especially in ways i never saw coming! Ty!

Ok, so what we have decided is that I am going to paint the rest of his army that he currently has as the scheme on the far right (black with purple highlights), albiet with different helmets. He wasnt a fan of red helmets I guess. He is going to buy a second start collecting set soon after that, and I will then paint squads in ways to make 10 man squads of each color. Things can be rag tag to start, and as his army grows, cohesive themed squads will form. What do you guys think?

Edited by Urkh

• 4 weeks later...