=][= DISPLAY NAME CHANGES ALLOWED =][=

From 1-30 September all registered members may change their display name one time.

• Display names may be from 3-26 characters.
  • The system will accept letters from any language, but these should be recognizable in English. For example, characters such as å and ö are acceptable because they can be recognized and their sounds can be approximated (usually poorly :wink:) by English monoglots. Meanwhile, many languages use vastly different characters/pictographs from those used in English. For example, 趣味 (Japanese Kanji) and งานอดิเรก (Thai) – both words mean “hobby” in their respective languages (according to Google Translate :wink:) – are unrecognizable to English monoglots.
  • Spaces ( ), underscores (_), periods (.), dashes/hyphens (-), and commas (,) are allowed.
  • Display names that falsely represent a member as a Games Workshop employee or Bolter & Chainsword staff member are not allowed.
  • Display names should avoid real-world politics and religion.
  • Keep in mind that the B&C is family-friendly and inclusive – avoid display name elements that might be perceived as being contrary to these principles.

While all members are allowed to change their display names during this period, members whose display names are or may be perceived as inconsistent with the above criteria may be required to change their display names to meet the criteria. If your display name potentially falls into this latter category, you will be contacted by private message to discuss the [potential] issue(s) with your display name and to determine if a name change is recommended/required.

The following steps may be taken to change your display name (look for the orange cursors or ovals in the images below):

The Bolter & Chainsword (Default) Theme (black/dark)

1. Access your profile menu by hovering over the drop down arrow next to your display name at the top left of the screen.
image.thumb.png.c188eff1046f837b78f4b6e45db6fe5d.png

2. Select “Account Settings” from the menu.
image.thumb.png.6d63dad9109c53915ba95828d6bcf138.png

3. Select "Display Name" from the menu on the left or click the "Change" button next to Display Name from the menu in the center.
image.thumb.png.8276ba7c9c3fac7bf60944c86a13ac6d.png

4. Enter the new display name you desire in the field.
image.thumb.png.13ad6693d493a32eb14e1c977a6b6ebe.png

5. Click the “Save” button.
image.thumb.png.6231351d30734105b145b2565ffcd49c.png

Default Theme (white/light)

1. Access your profile menu by hovering over the drop down arrow next to your display name at the top right of the screen.
image.thumb.png.7ebb9b56ed1217b9192e5802b1c71e4f.png

2. Select “Account Settings” from the menu.
image.thumb.png.ab976071d85e86f478f19c35f0607cec.png

3. Select "Display Name" from the menu on the left or click the "Change" button next to Display Name from the menu in the center.
image.thumb.png.1e60a1b63669375a5d60a833dc55e2bc.png

4. Enter the new display name you desire in the field.
image.thumb.png.c771a084bb24a4e7ec7d260a49f6b002.png

5. Click the “Save” button.
image.thumb.png.0c16a3b61ede8cc13a3d3a98bf880390.png

(You'll note that the screenshots say that "You are permitted to make 2 changes in a 30-day period." That's only because I just changed this account's name this morning and had to increase the allowed changes from 1 to 2 in order to capture the screenshots. Everyone is limited to 1 change during this period.) 

Mobile Theme

(I apologize for not having screenshots of the steps using the mobile theme/device, but I’m a Luddite/digital immigrant who isn’t proficient in using my phone for these kinds of things. :blush: I'll submit myself to the pain glove for my weakness and will petition the tech-priests for refresher training in using my devices.)

1. Click the three-bar icon that appears at the top right of your screen.
2. Select “Account”
3. Select “Account Settings”
4. Click the “Change” button next to Display Name
5. Enter the new display name you desire in the field.
6. Click the “Save” button.

If you have any questions about whether or not a prospective display name is acceptable, feel free to post your query as a response to this discussion or send me a private message.