=][= DISPLAY NAME CHANGES ALLOWED =][=

When you register your account and choose your display name, you should pick a name that you will be satisfied with in perpetuity, regardless of which army(ies) or game(s) you play. Under normal circumstances, members are not allowed to change their display names. If there are extenuating circumstances, you may contact the administrators to request to change your display name. If they approve, they will coordinate with you to identify the new display name you desire and they will change your display name in the system.

Periodically, members may be allowed to change their display name once during a short period of time (typically one month). Those occasions will be announced in the News, Rumors, and Board Announcements forum. The following steps may be taken to change your display name (look for the orange cursors or ovals in the images below):

The Bolter & Chainsword (Default) Theme (black/dark)

1. Access your profile menu by hovering over the drop down arrow next to your display name at the top left of the screen.
image.thumb.png.c188eff1046f837b78f4b6e45db6fe5d.png

2. Select “Account Settings” from the menu.
image.thumb.png.6d63dad9109c53915ba95828d6bcf138.png

3. Select "Display Name" from the menu on the left or click the "Change" button next to Display Name from the menu in the center.
image.thumb.png.8276ba7c9c3fac7bf60944c86a13ac6d.png

4. Enter the new display name you desire in the field.
image.thumb.png.13ad6693d493a32eb14e1c977a6b6ebe.png

5. Click the “Save” button.
image.thumb.png.6231351d30734105b145b2565ffcd49c.png

Default Theme (white/light)

1. Access your profile menu by hovering over the drop down arrow next to your display name at the top right of the screen.
image.thumb.png.7ebb9b56ed1217b9192e5802b1c71e4f.png

2. Select “Account Settings” from the menu.
image.thumb.png.ab976071d85e86f478f19c35f0607cec.png

3. Select "Display Name" from the menu on the left or click the "Change" button next to Display Name from the menu in the center.
image.thumb.png.1e60a1b63669375a5d60a833dc55e2bc.png

4. Enter the new display name you desire in the field.
image.thumb.png.c771a084bb24a4e7ec7d260a49f6b002.png

5. Click the “Save” button.
image.thumb.png.0c16a3b61ede8cc13a3d3a98bf880390.png

(You'll note that the screenshots say that "You are permitted to make 2 changes in a 30-day period." That's only because I just changed this account's name this morning and had to increase the allowed changes from 1 to 2 in order to capture the screenshots. Everyone is limited to 1 change during this period.) 

Mobile Theme

(I apologize for not having screenshots of the steps using the mobile theme/device, but I’m a Luddite/digital immigrant who isn’t proficient in using my phone for these kinds of things. :blush: I'll submit myself to the pain glove for my weakness and will petition the tech-priests for refresher training in using my devices.)

1. Click the three-bar icon that appears at the top right of your screen.
2. Select “Account”
3. Select “Account Settings”
4. Click the “Change” button next to Display Name
5. Enter the new display name you desire in the field.
6. Click the “Save” button.

(Note that this has been saved as a tutorial so that we don't have to re-post it each time we allow display name changes.)

• 1 year later...

Happy New Year!

Once again, members are allowed to change their display name. You'll only be able to change your display name one time through the end of January 31. Once you change your name, and come February, the name you have is the one you'll keep until the next time we do this.