What do I add next?

Sugarlessllama

So for 2020 I was going to start a new Blood Angels army. Fast forward to today, and I have 1,000 points of my BA successors painted. But now the question is, what do I add next? Below is the list of things I currently have painted. I would like to take it to 2,000 point, possibly 2,500 so I can have a few variations. I named the chapter the Templars Encarmine, and I am going for a Knightly theme; a kind of Dark Angels/Black Templars after reading way too much King Arthur fanfic they found in a space hulk. 

1,000 point Battalion: Templars Encarmine (BA: Whirlwind of Rage, Tactical Withdrawl)

HQ

Primaris Chaplain (Warlord)

- Gift of Foresight

- Heroic Bearing

- The Armor Indomitus

Librarian Dreadnought

- Speed of the Primarch

*Wings of Sanguinius 

*Shield of Sanguinius

Troops

Assault intercessor squad x 5

- Stock

Intercessor squad x 5

- Bolt rifles

Intercessor squad x 5

- Bolt rifles

Elites

Aggressor squad x 3

- Flamestorm gauntlets

Bladeguard Veteran squad x 3

- Stock

Death Company x 5

- Jump packs

- 3 powerswords

Furioso Dreadnought

- Stock

I have a Captain kitbashed from a BT Marshal kit, and an Indomitus Lt on my paint table. 

Suggestions?

You definitely need some firepower I think. Glorious melee may be our forte but nothing deletes tanks some serious melta fire.

My favourite options for characterful firepower for my Blood Angels are a trio of Multimelta Attack Bikes and a squad of 5 Plasma Inceptors. The Inceptors work amazingly well with the Descent of Angels stratagem. Of course the Plasma Inceptors really need to run with a Captain to get the best mileage out of them otherwise overcharging will likely be messy. A Captain with a Jump Pack to lead them solves that problem.

I would look to expand your Death Company. They hit hard but are quite fragile. It won't take much shooting to remove them currently. I would put in a couple of Power Fists or Thunder Hammers in the squad so that the can threaten vehicles and monsters if necessary.

Expanding Troops selection to face greater variety of foes - Incursors and Infiltrators (I'd take a 5-man squad of each for variety's sake). Also when I find myself with a couple extra points, I often add extra bodies to the Assault Intercessor squad. 

Firepower: Las-fusil Eliminators (2 squads), Eradicators (I like playing with a 4-man squad), Redemptor Dreads (1-2), Contemptor Dreads (cause Invulns)

HQ options: Sanguinary Priest - can't praise him enough for putting various units into Assault Doctrine earlier in the game. Primaris Techmarine for babysitting Redemptors

Elites: Sanguinary Guard, more Bladeguard (I like taking 5 when I take them to accompany SP), Terminators 

Well, to be honest, I have no idea. I have played two or three matches of 9th since it launched. The hotness around here has been Kill Team, and getting larger games has been difficult to impossible. 

So I don't really know how I want to play my Blood Angels. By the end of 8th I had gotten my UM successor and my IK house to 2,000 points each, and felt it was a god stepping off point to something new. But since then, I haven't been able to play so I don't know what works. All I have to guide me, is my head cannon about their background lore. The themes of the chapter are a Imperial understanding of Arthurian legend (taken as actual history), and a chapter pulled back from the brink of extinction (The Devastation of Baal was a helluva battle). 

So for the time being I have been building and painting old kits I have laying around, and buying stuff I think looks neat in Templars Encarmine colors.

Nice start, got some photos of your models?

As said above, some variety, and firepower would be a good addition.

I'd prioritise:

>>Sanguinary priest - so useful and so good - will keep aggressors or bladeguard alive.<< I'd prioritise this

Incursors/infiltrators for forward deployment, which is needed to win some missions

Assault bolt rifle inttercessors - the ability to advance and shoot at nearly full effect is great, and Blood Angels infantry moving 8 - 13" a turn is scary. 

Sanguinary Guard - golden boys to mirror the death company - just an all round great unit.

3 more bladeguard to make a 5/6 man unit if you want to.

Terminators - They're iconic and look awesome. 

Shooting wise, 3 eradicators, 3 mm attack bikes are both good or great options. 

On 10/18/2022 at 1:16 AM, Xenith said:

Nice start, got some photos of your models?

As said above, some variety, and firepower would be a good addition.

I'd prioritise:

>>Sanguinary priest - so useful and so good - will keep aggressors or bladeguard alive.<< I'd prioritise this

Incursors/infiltrators for forward deployment, which is needed to win some missions

Assault bolt rifle inttercessors - the ability to advance and shoot at nearly full effect is great, and Blood Angels infantry moving 8 - 13" a turn is scary. 

Sanguinary Guard - golden boys to mirror the death company - just an all round great unit.

3 more bladeguard to make a 5/6 man unit if you want to.

Terminators - They're iconic and look awesome. 

Shooting wise, 3 eradicators, 3 mm attack bikes are both good or great options. 

I'm hearing a lot about SP, so I think he is going to be the next thing I add, followed by adding more Bladeguard. For anti-tank, I'm deciding between Eradicators, and Invader ATVs. While I like attack bikes, I have been trying to limit Firstborn units to elites like SG, DC, and Dreads. 

The SP sounds like a great choice. Jump Pack and Armour Indomitus is my usual loadout as it fixes the problem of him being a bit squishy.

Regarding anti-tank, Eradicators give you more shots for your points but ATVs have the edge on speed (important considering the fairly short range). Depending on your points, you could even have both.