What a difference a year makes

Now i haven’t actually dug this post up, but about a year ago I posted about how I had lost my interest in the guard.

my biggest worry was that we’d either get nothing new or the new stuff would leave me feeling ambivalent 

luckily that didn’t happen and this wave of releases has me reinvigorated. Even the stuff I don’t necessarily like has me feeling positive.

lord solar isn’t my thing, but I saw some ideas for converting him that I really like.

same for the RRs. Not a huge fan of the official models but excited to do a kitbash on them.

the last few months of leaks/rumors and official reveals has been a whirlwind of emotions and I’m glad some of these rumors didn’t come true, or were at least not clearly communicated.

9 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

I was pretty much there as well, my interest in the guard was almost gone:yes:

and while I'm going to pick up the army box:smile:

I'm not convinced they have changed enough:mellow:

I mean a lot of what I’ve asked for has shown up in some sense. From a true MLRS, to generic but varied regiment traits, so yeah I’m pretty happy

I'm "cautiously optimistic".  I'll be ordering my army box tomorrow, but my feeling is this is a shift rather than a fix and a needed step forward.

I am excited about some of the new releases, with Sentinels and Ogryns getting a lot better, and the Rough Riders are sweet.  But I want an army of Infantry and Tanks and artillery, not Sentinels, Ogryns and Rough Riders. 

Infantry are flat-to-down (more points, same output).  LRBTs have come up, but we still need TCs for Vehicle orders within 12" for Inflexible Command (limiting flanking opportunies for our poor Hellhounds & Sentinels).  Plus a bunch of units got AP1, which is just AP0 in an AoC world, but we're still paying more points.  The removal of Grinding Advance boosts LRBT mobility, at the cost of MMM for Infantry. 

Trade offs, but a few steps in the right direction.  Like...

DEATHSTRIKES!!