Fate of Yarrick?

Just because he is not in the codex does not mean anything has happened to the character in-universe. He is probably still on Armageddon kicking greenskin backsides.

We are in uncharted territory here as GW's move to plastic only probably means we will see several older characters fall by the wayside as new codices come out. 

Yarrick was older than sin when he was first introduced, so when GW did the big time jump when 9th edition hit I was sure they would drop the character/model as he would have died in the background or given a suitable send off as a footnote.

Now that they have retconned it to just a dozen or so years the old buzzard is probably still chasing Ghaz about the galaxy.  This status will probably remain until/if they release him in plastic. :teehee:

On 11/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, Felix Antipodes said:

Yarrick was older than sin when he was first introduced, so when GW did the big time jump when 9th edition hit I was sure they would drop the character/model as he would have died in the background or given a suitable send off as a footnote.

Now that they have retconned it to just a dozen or so years the old buzzard is probably still chasing Ghaz about the galaxy.  This status will probably remain until/if they release him in plastic. :teehee:

Yarrick was around 200 from memory. Rejuvenant users can live up to 400. He's barely middle aged.

They posted an article on the subject now

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/15/warhammer-community-investigates-could-commissar-yarrick-actually-be-dead/

Sounds like there might be more to it, but we'll probably have to wait for something in the campaign series to find out.

If I was a to have a bet (which I'm do dabble in) I would wager he's gone from the Codex off that article....we can add him to the memorial board of lost characters along with:

Cpt Al'Rahem, Cpt Chenkov, Cpt Mogul Kamir etc etc

I think GW loves to make a splash by "surprise revealing" the comeback of a "lost" character, unit, faction, etc.... look at how big a deal they made about bring Sisters back in plastic, Leagues of Votann (i.e. resurrected Squats), Black Templars getting their own book again, Guilliman coming back from the dead, and so on.

So, my money is on Yarrick coming back as a new model/new lore... i.e. they thought he was dead, but some Inquisitor had him rescued and rebuilt with even more bionic and now he is "Primaris Yarrick" or "Cyborg Yarrick" or maybe even just "Yarrick the Unkillable"

I could see him coming back as a starter to 10th edition, since GW knows it has lots of fans of him.