Never done a preorder

Inquisitor_Lensoven

1.  No.  They have their own tab accessed from the "New & Exclusive" on the top bar of the store that has the various systems on it.

2.  From my experience, in Canada at least, they ship on the same day as they can be bought in store.  So if you think you can pick it up at the store on release day, its better to do that.  If not (either because you can' make it in or are afraid it will sell out before you do) preordering it is the safer bet.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

5 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

1.  No.  They have their own tab accessed from the "New & Exclusive" on the top bar of the store that has the various systems on it.

2.  From my experience, in Canada at least, they ship on the same day as they can be bought in store.  So if you think you can pick it up at the store on release day, its better to do that.  If not (either because you can' make it in or are afraid it will sell out before you do) preordering it is the safer bet.

Thanks.

I guess its location dependant - in the UK at least I think their aim is that if you order by close of business sunday after the saturday preorder goes up you'll have it before the actual release day, but in general they try to get it to you by the following Saturday - often stuff arrives earlier. If it goes on preorder on Saturday, and you cannot order until the following Monday, for example, you won't receive it on release day but the following week. 

Edited by Xenith

US is the same as Canada in that regard. The item ships at the earliest on 'release date' in NA I think, so it might ship Saturday, but usually the Monday after. The package never shows up on Saturday though, that's just the earliest they might send it out.

If you order at/to the store, there's a good chance it'll be there on Saturday though.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

In the UK, they go up at 10am (sometimes a few minutes earlier) on the Saturday - for non-UK regions, I believe they go up at 10am local time (I can see the new releases on the NZ/Aus site before they're put up on the UK site).

In my experience, they are generally dispatched to arrive on the day of release, although sometimes they arrive early, and sometimes late. It's been a bit difficult to predict, because of COVID and now postal worker strikes - obviously, this situation may vary by country (warehouse staff and postal services are a factor).

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

They send a specific copy to the store along with whatever their regular (re)supply order to the store would be.  So, it may take a day or two longer as it gets lumped into their regular shipment to the store.

For my store, it usually shows up Wednesday/Thursday before the release date and then can pick it up on that Saturday. It depends on when the regular shipments are for your location.

There was some issues in the past with regional distribution in the Southeastern US getting delayed for those orders for some reason, but I haven't seen it recently. I got my Slaves to Darkness stuff on time there and picked it up today with no problem.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

10 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

They send a specific copy, with a receipt with your name on it.

My local GW will even contact you 6 months later about an order you forgot you had made and didn't collect. I know this from experience. :blush: