Mech is back on the menu

So it seems to me they did a good job of making mechanized armies viable again.

obviously there’s the mech rule, and a number of other rules the mesh well with it (SatW, heirloom weapons, geurrilas) now we learn about the armored fist strat. Mechanized lists can be fast and very mobile, or fairly mobile and more deadly.

i am pretty happy about this.

And that is using only one part of the two parts you get for regimental tactics. The only bad part. (And it’s understandable.) is lack of keywords on the super heavy. The Banehammer still would provide nice transport then with Tack Ace can give it a 5 up invul and 5 up against mortals.

Quick question guys as I try to wrap my head around it.

Scions can choose 2 keywords from the doctrines, replacing the old tempestus regiments right? 

So I could have mech scions?

Edited by Sete

29 minutes ago, Sete said:

Quick question guys as I try to wrap my head around it.

Scions can choose 2 keywords from the doctrines, replacing the old tempestus regiments right? 

So I could have mech scions?

Yes

Can mount up be used to potentially spoil a charge? Like, you disembark the infantry in front of the transport to screen it. Opponent announces a charge against your infantry get a successful charge and then you use mount up, hiding your infantry safely away from the enemy charge inside a vehicle 3” away?

1 hour ago, Sawtooth said:

So...Taurox or Chimera?

Need to get a look at the taurox data sheet, but officers 100% in a chimera.

Sadly no, no regiment stuff for scions, so no picking two traits and no born soldiers:sad:

Could they make the taurox prime worse you ask, you don't even want to know:laugh:

No idea what to do with mine now:sad:

Buy kasarkin:laugh: they get all the rules:laugh:

not all doom and gloom according to MG, see vid:smile:

Edited by Emperor Ming

38 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Sadly no, no regiment stuff for scions, so no picking two traits and no born soldiers:sad:

Could they make the taurox prime worse you ask, you don't even want to know:laugh:

No idea what to do with mine now:sad:

Buy kasarkin:laugh: they get all the rules:laugh:

not all doom and gloom according to MG, see vid:smile:

Cheers for the link! Oh I'm buying kasrkin but I'm running them as scions lol I like the changes! They are in a good spot.

Edited by Sete

11 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

They're still bad, like 75% of the things Mordian pointed out Kasrkins can do too. Will scions still be good support for a Guard force? Yes. Will pure scions be good? No. 

A pure scion force should have gotten at least one trait selection. 

13 hours ago, Sawtooth said:

So...Taurox or Chimera?

There's actually a decent choice between the 2 now. Taurox is a budget transport, minimum 20 points cheaper than a Chimera, comes with the armoured track upgrade for free, and is faster. Chimera is more durable, has better firepower, carries more troops, and has better synergy with officers. 

Edited by jarms48

58 minutes ago, Sawtooth said:

I've read that Kasrkin can take a single trait, does anyone know if there's a limit to how many times you can take each trait? Or can I have multiple Kasrkin squads with Mechanized?

Kasrkin I believe get 3 traits and the third trait will apply to all Kasrkin squads.

the traits you take apply to all of your models.