Valkyries

Sawtooth

I'm not a competitive player at all so can't comment on that. I am happy with the valk now though, the increased BS and multilaser buffs are decent, will need to break mine out to support my inquisitorial stormtroopers, who can now drop out of it risk free/ I'll probably pick up a second one at some point too, that way I'll have two valks and a vendetta.

1 hour ago, Harrowmaster said:

I'm not a competitive player at all so can't comment on that. I am happy with the valk now though, the increased BS and multilaser buffs are decent, will need to break mine out to support my inquisitorial stormtroopers, who can now drop out of it risk free/ I'll probably pick up a second one at some point too, that way I'll have two valks and a vendetta.

Do you run your stormtroopers as Scions or Kasrkin? I'm on the fence about what to transport since Kasrkin are just generally fantastic but Scions get the 6" grav chute.

I'm looking real hard at a cult of sacrifice kasrkin squad in a valk. Jumping out, losing a guy to a broken ankle and gaining that +1 to hit. Maybe have an officer jump out with them, he will be able to do an order or 2 when he gets there.  

Kasrkin in a valk and a squad in a taurox and a barbarian key unit all moving at least 17"(14+3" disembark) could really shift a fight early. Or at very least introduce 1 hell of a central objective holding block. Even position the valk to block charges. 

If you do it all in the right order, Creed could pass out orders to all of them, they won't splash but might be enough. Cult unit will hit on 2s, take aim another unit to hit on 2s. 3rd unit just does its thing. 

Edited by mertbl

On 12/14/2022 at 12:20 PM, Harrowmaster said:

Just be careful with the officers, if disembarking they can only issue one order and regimental tactics doesn't apply. 

"It can issue orders as if it was your command phase" if you jump creed or a castellan out, they can do their 3 or 2 orders. It just doesn't splash. 

Edited by mertbl