Did the new 40k Season make "Blitz Division" obsolete?

domsto

As GW has Previewed in an Community Article, in the new Warhammer 40k season Arks of Omen, Strategic Reserve is now free.

So no CP are needed anymore to put Units there.

Now we take a look at the Regimental Doctrin Blitz Division which halfs the CP needed for Strategic Reserve...

I know there is a second Point to blitz Divisin that allows you to setup Vehical Units in Turn 2 as it where Turn 3.

But is it worth it?

IMO it is not

Maybe GW will FAQ Blitz Devision to work better with the new Season, but i quess not.

I would wait and see. WarCom articles are notorious for getting things wrong. Also, any other game mode that isn't tournament rules will continue to function the way it does no, Ark of Omens won't have any impact on say Tempest, regular matched play or whatever other game mode you feel like playing.

I would argue against it not impacting other game modes. As it is cristal clear that GW balance the whole game around the Tournament Seasons, so all following Balance patches, like the point update or Balanced Dataslate will have the Arcs of Omen Season as a baseline.

You could theoretically go back to a previous Season, but the Points and Balanced Dataslate don't have a way-back mecanic where you could use the Balanced Dataslate from nachmund Season or something.

So basically GW sofly but surely forces you to always play the newest Season.

As long as you want to play matched play, what i thing the majority of people play.

There's plenty of people playing Crusade and loads playing Tempest of War, which is also a Matched Play mode. Maybe not in every region, but regardless the tournament pack doesn't matter for them, unless you and your opponent agree to mix stuff. 

Outside any game mode that is not playing the Arks-missions, Blitz division will work as written in the Codex. Similarly to how the Nephilim CP changes only apply to Nephilim missions.

And this is all under the caveat of WarCom talks a lot of nonsense and we have no actual details how strategic reserves will work in Arks-missions.

Edited by sairence
Forgot something