BA Collection Wishlist for 2023

Jolemai

As some have seen I was at WHW this weekend and came away with some loot:

IMG_20230214_224009663.jpg

Those two models have been on my wishlist for ages, but when I got home, it has me wondering what was next? So here's my top three that I think I want for my BA collections next:

1. Assault Squad
  2. Vanguard Veterans
  3. Devastator Squad

The first two I don't own any of (yes, I lack jump pack units as a BA player...) and the latter because I have no grav cannons. What have you got your eye on and why?

Glad to see you found the proper all-resin Contemptor (and slightly jealous :wink:).

My BAs are basically done at the moment, all I need to do is book my Assault squads for a quick trip to the armoury to retrieve their Jump Packs (they date from 7th when melta drop pods were all the rage). Longer term, I do have my eyes on the new Strike Force Agastus, that Brutalis Dread is a thing of beauty and definitely the spiritual evolution of the Furioso. The Desolators are growing on me despite how "busy" their weapons look and the rumoured stats look pretty decent. I don't have any Heavy Intercessors for my BAs yet so they certainly won't go to waste.

I really don't need another Lieutenant but I am sure someone somewhere will want him for the bits. :laugh:

Edited by Karhedron

I've always had half an eye on the Repulsor Executioner, but the current rules don't let tanks feel like tanks, so combined with the price point I've never pulled the trigger on it.

I will be picking up the new Primaris Melee dread when it's out, and it can fight for a place in the queue against my rather similar looking BA dread backlog...processed-052219dc-0f7d-458a-9215-9e5720b327bb_qSofaUGJ.thumb.jpeg.6352a3424f6f2d1836231168332eb40e.jpeg

If only I enjoyed working with resin as much as I enjoy the idea of Blood Angels Dreadnoughts....

Congrats Jolemai! I absolutely love the BA Contemptor, too. Heck, it's even my profile pic. The leviathan is also a thing of beauty. 

Right now I have a Spartan, a Land Raider Proteus and a Deimos Pred sitting in my shopping basket. I like tanks and in my eyes they all look fantastic. However I hesitate to actually buy them, because I don't plan on starting a heresy force and they will probably won't see the table that often. This means I'm not gonna be building and painting them soon, as the priority is kinda low. The brutalis however is absolutely on my wishlist and will see the table far more often I guess. 

Maybe I should just work on my backlog and save the money, but who am I kidding :) 

Edited by Rhavien

My mojo for 40k has been a bit down recently plus I still have ton of backlog to model and paint. That being said, I also have my eyes on the Agastus SF and Brutalis Dreadnought in particular. I'm looking forward to modelling opportunities based on the box (I would frankly imagine Desolators to look better in Gravis with some armament moved to the shoulders or backpacks....) 

BA Leviathan is a thing of beauty and I would love to own one. However I'm getting recently even stronger pull from... Sanguinius himself :biggrin: Not there yet (especially in terms of money collected), but I can definitely say the call gets stronger.

Edited by Majkhel

On 2/16/2023 at 11:14 AM, Jolemai said:

Devastator Squad

I can thoroughly reccomend getting the HH Heavy weapons set and whatever bodies you can find. I'd just say the Volkite Culverins are grav cannons in 40k and no one will bat an eye. My 30k BA still will be pulling double duty as reserve companies in my 40k BA...

In terms of BA for 2023, I really want to finish my Indomitus models, so far just the captain, 5 intercessors, judiciar and the ancient to go, otherwise I'll be working on 30k BA, and waiting to see if we get the rumoured new shines in 10th...

1 hour ago, Majkhel said:

My mojo for 40k has been a bit down recently plus I still have ton of backlog to model and paint. That being said, I also have my eyes on the Agastus SF and Brutalis Dreadnought in particular. I'm looking forward to modelling opportunities based on the box (I would frankly imagine Desolators to look better in Gravis with some armament moved to the shoulders or backpacks....) 

BA Leviathan is a thing of beauty and I would love to own one. However I'm getting recently even stronger pull from... Sanguinius himself :biggrin: Not there yet (especially in terms of money collected), but I can definitely say the call gets stronger.

Hasn't been available on my last two visits :ohmy: but it will happen at some point for me, certainly.

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

I can thoroughly reccomend getting the HH Heavy weapons set and whatever bodies you can find. I'd just say the Volkite Culverins are grav cannons in 40k and no one will bat an eye. My 30k BA still will be pulling double duty as reserve companies in my 40k BA...

In terms of BA for 2023, I really want to finish my Indomitus models, so far just the captain, 5 intercessors, judiciar and the ancient to go, otherwise I'll be working on 30k BA, and waiting to see if we get the rumoured new shines in 10th...

Fair point, there is a lot of Heresy for my to get after all...

1 hour ago, Jolemai said:

Hasn't been available on my last two visits :ohmy: but it will happen at some point for me, certainly.

Currently showing as in stock on the webstore. Given that the Contemptors have recently gone out of stock and most of the other Legion Leviathans are gone, it might be worth ordering while the opportunity is there.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Legion-Leviathan-Pattern-Siege-Dreadnought-FW-2020

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I've got my eye on a Brutalis at some point, although I think I'll wait until the general release.

Yes, looks very much like a Furioso on steroids. I would like to get one too and I am looking for suitable parts to make it a bit more bling. :wink:

3 hours ago, Jolemai said:

Sorry, was referring to Sanguinius. I snagged a BA Leviathan on my last visit - just need to work out the magnets now.

I put 3mmx1mm magnets between the shoulder and elbow. Gives a good hold, even for the extended siege drill arm. Can only recommend. 

Does anybody know if the plastic weapons are compatible with the resin arms? 

19 hours ago, Rhavien said:

Does anybody know if the plastic weapons are compatible with the resin arms? 

I'd buy a plastic arm kit and use those elbow connections - they come in two parts, with premade magnet holes and are much easier to mag than the resin ones - one part, and no magnet holes so you have to drill into the inside of the horseshoe shape -I drilled straight through the side of one and stuck the magnet in. Some loss of rivets/detail, but no one will notice. 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:38 AM, Rhavien said:

Thanks for the clarification, but the dread is already built and painted. The elbows are the resin ones from the Forgeworld weapons. Are those somehow compatible to the plastic arms? 

100% compatible as they just slot in to the elbow, but the resin connector will be a pain to magnetise if it's already built and painted.

I just bought an ironclad dreadnaught (I've had my eye on one for over a year, and finally pulled the trigger). 

That said, I've also got my eye on the brutalis. That is one damn fine model! I'll get it eventually, and it will be the fifth and final dreadnaught for my 3rd Company project!