Some new BA art that maybe hints at cool things?

Blindhamster

So the new founding chapters book has these pieces of art that caught my eye:

large.1.PNG.6ccc4878498f93d279c4ff1602eflarge.2.PNG.e9630638980c7e3ac6b1ae10f6c1

I wonder if there may be a hint at anything there, the designs are primaris but with some really nice detailing that is far more inline with BA, I love the fabric tabard design there too, and again the abdomen design aligns with the gravis pic we got so long ago. Finally, the big fancy wings and the new design sword are cool.

Any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Rhavien said:

The guy looks kinda asian to me. Aren't they all more or less looking like Sanguinius after they come out of their sarcophagus after getting the blood of him? 

Beside that he looks really cool. Veteran Sergeant maybe?

Blood angels are meant to look like sanguinius, but what exactly that means has changed over the years, it’s more about the facial shape etc now. You don’t change skin colour and other racial features remain visible, there’s examples in a few of the books of how they’re unmistakably sons of sanguinius but still show signs of the regions and worlds they come from.

The only thing we know from the books are the skin tones and iirc they were mentioned in relation to diversity in the successors chapters, not BA. We know that some chapters look nearly like Sang's clones so recruits' physiology can undergo nearly total change. It depends on the chapter's gene-seed in my opinion. The Primaris from Indomitus Crusade gifted by RG can be reasonably assumed to come from all spectre of ethinicites, but i have hard time imagining that such small worlds (and described as heaving nearly uniform climate for what we know) like Baal's moons could mentain for thousands of years starkly different races like current Earth. 

I am not sure what do you mean by "other racial features" as opposed to "facial shape".

My guess is that the artist drew themselves. No evidence for that but its what makes sense to me.

Without going too far into it, I never considered BA immune to any ethnicity traits aside from the possibility that certain people end up looking exactly like Sanguinius from time to time. Complete transformation from abhuman/mutated person to "paragon of human beauty" will likely mean a lot of rewriting going on. I think it mentions that blonde hair is pretty common but makes no mention that it alters skin colors inherently (aside from the pale look as you're stuck without sun for a year).

IMO, all are probably common enough with a prevalence for sanguinius like features showing up in varying amounts. No reason NOT to include certain facial features if that's what you want.

Edited by Spagunk

There’s a scene talking about technomads and the like too.

regardless, a bit of diversity whilst keeping a bit of eerie similarity is cool imo.

tbf, skin colour is irrelevant on marines regardless of features as their skin changes to be optimal for the environment they’re in (unless you’re salamanders, Raven guard or possibly night lords)

Edited by Blindhamster

Interesting sword. I'm personally not a hug fan of basket guards, but this one does play well into the chalice (inverted) theme. I believe it's called a cup-hilt?
I also like the shape of the blade itself.

Definitely a Sergeant. The chalice might perhaps indicate a 'relic' upgrade sprue like the BT got?

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...