Oldhammer/"Retro 40K" section?

Evil Eye

Not sure if this would be strictly necessary, but would a section dedicated to discussion of older 40K material (be it fluff, past editions or general discussion of the good ol' days) be something that would be worthwhile? With the growing "Oldhammer" movement and how different pre-8th 40K is to its current incarnation, I can see a merit to the idea for somewhere for fans of such things to congregate/contain the grogs (and wannabe-grogs) from the rest of the young whippersnappers! :biggrin:

Aye, I was actually thinking of starting a club for the old hammerers. Guess you would be interested? Im up to my knees in 1st/2nd ed stuff since I kicked 9th to the kerb where it belongs and would be nice to bounce ideas off other people instead of hoping frater randomly stumble across my oldhammer thread. 

I just changed the club privacy setting to "Public." This allows anyone to see and participate. This isn't a special project club, so there's no need for secrecy. There were several other clubs that received the same treatment.

In addition, I created both a discussion forum and a file category within the Oldhammer club. This allows members to both discuss issues specific to older editions of the game as well as upload files for those editions, such as homegrown rules, scenarios, and the like.