50-page "scaramouche" 10ed leak transcript

https://www.games-workshop.com/document/628782200/Posibles-reglas-de-10º-edicion-de-Warhammer-40-000#

This has been making rounds today - has anyone managed to parse through the entire thing yet? Any takeaways?

EDIT: The site is censoring the link. You know where to look for it and it's not pirated material, it's a text transcript of a conversation.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

Only through the first part of it right now. Couple of red flags for me so far though. The section on battle profiles seems like a LOT more bookkeeping than GW would want to introduce into a new edition given the shifts we're seeing towards a more streamlined game. Also, the sidebars regarding price discounts on things has me a bit worried as well. Forget if it was here or Dakka but there was a conversation about a scammer using 10th "leaks" to get ahold of discounted terrain from 3rd party manufacturers. The secondary and unit upgrade systems, if true, seem like a bit of a convoluted mess as well.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Oddity said:

Only through the first part of it right now. Couple of red flags for me so far though. The section on battle profiles seems like a LOT more bookkeeping than GW would want to introduce into a new edition given the shifts we're seeing towards a more streamlined game. Also, the sidebars regarding price discounts on things has me a bit worried as well. Forget if it was here or Dakka but there was a conversation about a scammer using 10th "leaks" to get ahold of discounted terrain from 3rd party manufacturers. The secondary and unit upgrade systems, if true, seem like a bit of a convoluted mess as well.

This was on dakka and its the same document. Someone commissioning terrain and trying to pay for it using NDA material (supposedly).

Not 100% sold on it, but... interesting. I skipped around a lot, won't claim to have read the whole thing. 

I do like the idea of morale being changed from a flat system that simply kills models to something where different units can suffer different consequences. 

Phases being per-unit, and being able to do the phases on whatever order you want is wild. 

Edited by Shinespider

I don't know about the truth of the actual rumors, but my instinct is that this transcript at least is real/summarizes a conversation that actually happened.  I'd be very surprised if someone went to the trouble of writing 50 pages of fake dialogue.

The contents of the conversation do seem to track with the rumored removal of the toughness stat, and for some reason the changes I've read so far just seem like something that GW would do.  Drastically restructuring the core rules for a new edition with the stated goal of streamlining the game, but then introducing so many new moving parts that it's not actually very streamlined.  We'll find out soon enough what's true though!

Edited to add: And the introduction of the unit cards also seems like a GW way to force everyone to use the app to generate them.

Edited by Aarik

Read the whole thing. Wild.

If this is true, the best take away is that the app won't be crap anymore. But it looks more like a scam for terrain. 

I think the biggest red flag for this being fake, in my opinion, is getting to choose which order you take phases in. That's a big leap and, to my knowledge, hasn't existed in any version of any GW game over the past 40 years. The closest thing to that is a Necromunda style action system, but I can't comprehend why they'd go for this complicated mess over just adopting that.

It all seems like too much of a departure from the current rules, even for a new edition. Even 7th to 8th wasn’t this big a change. It all sounds super complicated too.

Both these make me doubt the veracity of this. It just seems like there’d be too much bookkeeping and too much mental calculation for things like a simple shooting attack, complexity that GW would want to avoid if they’re trying to grow the game.

I can't believe it. It sounds like a video game, as we need multiple Battle Profiles for each unit? Each has the specific weapons of the units, so anything different we'd need dozens and dozens of cards with every variant. 

The rules for disadvantaged and advantaged was so complicated I still don't understand what's happening.

The major question is - who put all this effort into something fake?

This is what I'm worried about... what if it isn't fake and GW really are killing the game like this?

Seems very fake. The idea of someone going against NDA to use that protected material just to try and get a $40 discount on a commission for some terrain is just absurd. That he denies there's any potential trouble from it after the other guy expresses doubt and then starts to become insulting further supports it being fake.

Usually meetings are recorded and not transcribed these days, so that is odd at first glance.

The software might do it though, would need to check how mine works. I don't usually go back and look.

I guess teams and a few other software do. Could be useful to compare the output.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I've minuted a few meetings that were hosted via Teams recently; the transcript function basically looks like this document at its absolute best. 

That said, confident this is fake.