30 minutes ago, son of the forest said:

There's a link to last chance to buy armour on forgeworld, although no products show currently, you'll have until April 9th to order. Shame this couldn't have been done with the contemptors

Was never going to happen with the Contemptors since they're still going to be selling a part of the kit. Terribly handled though I agree.

Stuff moving to plastic has just been disappearing with no fanfare. So I would assume that whatever gets listed here is truly going for good. Would guess at some niche Guard tanks. The Trojan has a last chance to buy badge on it now even though that list is still empty. https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Trojan-Support-Vehicle-Complete-Kit

Edited by Doobles88

pass i wont be scared into buying minis over the fear il miss out on them thanks. If i want these at a later date il find them. GW's predatory marketing can do one. 

Its a pity they are going FW used to be a brilliant place for more detailed minis and many of these tanks were from the absolute prime of that era. 

• MKIIB Land Raider
  • Death Korps of Krieg Mars Alpha Pattern Leman Russ Demolisher
  • Armageddon Pattern Medusa
  • Trojan Support Vehicle Complete Kit
  • Thunderer Siege Tank
  • Death Korps of Krieg Mars Alpha Pattern Leman Russ Vanquisher
  • Armageddon Pattern Basilisk
  • Artemia Pattern Hellhound

Everything I've spotted; I can't imagine they have much in the way of stock of these left over, so ditching them now to clear space for ranges with products that actually sell like Necromunda, Middle-earth and the Horus Heresy makes sense. 

20 minutes ago, sarabando said:

pass i wont be scared into buying minis over the fear il miss out on them thanks. If i want these at a later date il find them. GW's predatory marketing can do one. 

Its a pity they are going FW used to be a brilliant place for more detailed minis and many of these tanks were from the absolute prime of that era. 

Sorry? 

If GW stops selling kits with no warning the community at large complains! Now they’re giving fair warning and it’s predatory?

Damned if they do Damned if they don’t…

Forgeworld Will me making space for kits that sell or newer kits on the way and they’re giving fair warning to buy the stock before it’s none please tell me for one second how this is predatory? 

Edited by WARMASTER_
Spelling

Always a shame to see old models go, but also I'm happy that it's nothing I want. The only kit on the list @Joe identified so far I would want is the Land Raider, but I was able to snag an unpainted one with Ultramarines bling for less than retail on EBay.

But Forgeworld takes a step further away from when it was at its best in my opinion. I liked the vehicle variants and extra bling. Many things weren't game breakingly amazing back in the day they were just different, and a nice way to add variety to a setting that is supposed to span a whole galaxy and 10,000 years. 

Hope anyone who does want these kits is able to grab what they want.

6 minutes ago, Casual Heresy said:

But Forgeworld takes a step further away from when it was at its best in my opinion. I liked the vehicle variants and extra bling. Many things weren't game breakingly amazing back in the day they were just different, and a nice way to add variety to a setting that is supposed to span a whole galaxy and 10,000 years. 

Couldn’t agree more with this, I miss when forgeworld just did Imperial Armour some of those campaigns and resulting models were fantastic! 

About half of the stuff now showing Sold Out. The 2018 era of LCTB may have been a blood bath, but at least GW committed to letting people order as much as they wanted until the end date and honouring those orders. 

Wonder if this is a webstore issue or if they really have just limited the LCTB to however many kits they have in shelves. 

11 minutes ago, Casual Heresy said:

I have a feeling that FW is going to be consigned to more bespoke/smaller projects now- characters for Necromunda/HH, maybe the occasional 40k random minor character that is liked but won't sell the same way that a major player (or novel main hero) would. Still detailed models, but going for volume by releasing less-costly (in both price for players and development time) than the big vehicles that they used to do. Aside from Titans/Knights, I expect that FW's development from now on will focus on characters, infantry upgrade packs like the HH helmet/shoulderpads, and the like.

7 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Couldn’t agree more with this, I miss when forgeworld just did Imperial Armour some of those campaigns and resulting models were fantastic! 

Ditto on this. The loss of the Trojan and the Arvus highlight this as much as anything for me. Functionally rubbish in game, but their existence added a layer of depth to the setting.

3 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

About half of the stuff now showing Sold Out. The 2018 era of LCTB may have been a blood bath, but at least GW committed to letting people order as much as they wanted until the end date and honouring those orders. 

Wonder if this is a webstore issue or if they really have just limited the LCTB to however many kits they have in shelves. 

Might be a regional issue- the US site is only showing the Land Raider sold out for me.

Already bought a Trojan and Artemia Hellhound just before the price rise so looks like I made the right call there. Now I just need to decide if I want to go for a recast or a scratchbuild for an Atlas or Salamander.

edit: post got here with hte models within 10 minutes of posting. Thankfully no major casting issue on the fuel tank or I'd be stuffed.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

48 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Sorry? 

If GW stops selling kits with no warning the community at large complains! Yes  Now they’re giving fair warning and it’s predatory? yes, telling people that minis they may have wanted but couldnt justify are going away (which triggers panic buying) 2/3 weeks before most peoples payday, is pretty scummy. Their entire FOMO act is awful "buy this box on release because we are going to axe it in 6 weeks with out warning or we might just sell out on day on buy now! dont miss out!"  At lease with the first wave of LCTB they made them made to order so that people who wanted them could order them and not worry about scalpers snapping them all up and ebaying them, like they did with the contemptors. Fancy an £800 EC contemptor from ebay? 

Damned if they do Damned if they don’t…  yes a company can and will make bad moves in any direction. GW has zero good will with a lot of the customer base. They have no right to praise because they have done nothing that warrants it. You want me to start praising GW for their actions? Then let me know when they do something worth praising because i was pretty vocal in my support of the release of the upgrade kits they did for special and heavy weapons which was a suprise until they bumped the price up,.  

Forgeworld Will me making space for kits that sell or newer kits on the way and they’re giving fair warning to buy the stock before it’s none please tell me for one second how this is predatory? FW will make space for what they are told to make space for. So yeah i dont fancy buying over priced resin upgrade kits that mean i can make a dispoiler squad that costs as much as the AOD box set. They are using peoples fear of missing out on products to scalpers so that they make poor financial choices. 

8 minutes ago, NKirkham24 said:

I like that the Custodes Contemptor is on there. Hopefully they make the move to Plastic, they're great

It is not @NKirkham24. The models on Last chance to buy are only the ones on @Joe's list. @Petitioner's City's screenshots were to show what models were showing the last chance to buy icon before Forgeworld put up the page on their website.