Building up the House Fásacha

image.thumb.jpeg.4a2c9edb265e8599676c95b7ac515e69.jpeg

So I have a 2000 pts Imperial Knight army that currently has:

1 Knight Crusader that is Magnetized and can be a Knight Paladin (just got to find where I dropped my Chain Sword for it lol. )
1 Knight Castellan
1 Knight Preceptor
2 Armiger Warglaives
1 Knight Moirax
image.jpeg.68de71c3d074aef8c542a455ba61149b.jpeg

Old picture. They are looking a bit beat up and I need to fix that.  But with my upcoming Tax return I was thinking of expanding my Knight Army and was looking for what people think of adding:
2 Knight Moirax
1 Knight Styrix
1 Knight Lancer

And if they have them in stock more Warglaives or Helverins approx. two packs so one set each? Just thinking out loud here looking for comments. 

For those that are interested in the lore side I do want to build up their story more as this has been one of my main armies. Please comment on their lore thread or here. 

Currently in 9th the trend is towards multiple Armigers with one or two Questoris backing them up with Bondsman abilities. This means that while looking awesome and having some cool weapons, Dominus/Cerastus/FW Questoris class Knights have all fallen by the wayside as they have no Bondsman abilities. So, from a competitive 9th standpoint, my advice would be to grab another four or so Armigers to kit out your lists.

However, 10th is on the way and we have no idea what Imperial Knights will look like in the new edition, barring the fact that GW seems to be increasing all vehicles' Toughness. The pessimistic side of me says wait until we have some sort of knowledge before buying something, that way you aren't disappointed on the table.

In reality, my best advice is to buy the models that you will enjoy building and painting, that you like the look/lore and will find them to be fun to play because you like them rather than they are the best choice. If you like the Lancer/Styrix, get them. When 10th comes around, have fun experimenting with off the wall or boutique lists that lean into the units you have.

Very Fair though I think with current plans it will put me at 5+ Armigers. 3 Moirax, 2 Warglaives, and possibly 4 Warglaive/Helverins (haven't decided yet on these kits.)

For lore and cool factor that is partially my drive factor. 

My Current Knight Castellan and Knight Preceptor are supposed to be stand in for Ellén Trechend and Catháin respectively. With the lore of:

House Fásacha's Seneschal and top General, gets to pilot the awesome might of the Largest Imperial Knight of the House. This Knight Castellan has seen countless defenses and expeditions into the wild spaces of the Ishtar Sub-Sector. Piloted by the ancient family line of the Fuadach family in House Fásacha, some of the most famous Generals of Ishtar Subsector for both the House and the Astra Militarum has come from this family.

As a Knight Preceptor, this Mighty Engine of War shows the suprememcy of House Fásacha. Personally piloted by the High protector or their Sucessor, taming the machine spirits is a first task of perspective leaders of the House. Lady Protector Sámhach de Fásach has taken over politing this Ancient Knight that has served the High Protectors through more than one Era. Her temperament and presence on the field matches well with the Machine Spirit, becoming like one on the field of battle.

Only my golden Knight on the table didn't really have some lore. I was thinking of making him the War Machine of Baron Ionsaí de Fásachian. A Baron Court leader during a campaign against expanding Ork Empires. Since his explosive campaign against the Orks, he has been invited to join the scouring of the Disciples of the Jagged Iron from the Ishtarian Frontier alongside the main house in his Golden Knight. Once a Knight Paladin, it has now become a Crusader of legend.

The Styrix and Lancer would already have lore of:

A Questoris Knight Styrix, Dullahan is so named for the ancient mythological creature of legend said to take the form of a headless rider on a solid black wyrm. According to Trakonian legend, this terrifying creature of folklore uses the spine of a human as a whip. The Dullahan is said to be a herald of death that summons the soul of a dying person. If it calls out your name, you will immediately drop dead, an apt moniker that epitomizes the terrible firepower wielded by this rarest of Knight engines.

Oilliphéist, named for great reptiles of legend that unlike the Tarakonian Wyrms that get bonded are vicious monsters of the rivers and swamps of the lowlands of Tarakon. Piloted by Countess Dóiteáin de FaStoirm, this great warmachine, a Cerastus Knight-Lancer, is a bane to those that would abuse the trust of the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus for Hereteks are a favored prey of the Countess.

So interim report of how I am doing is one of 3 is a win. Not bad for a First tournament. I will do a full report after tomorrow's battles. I met Lord Ikka and his knights look awesome. The Knight player who beat me in round 3 is right now the Knight player doing best in the tournament. 67-94, 90-31, 43-98.