Latest Gravis Captain

happyslugger

I built dual fists for my Space Wolf Gravis Captain and it looks very nice. As for rules, we don't really have enough information to go on yet. Will the Fists count as twin linked or will there be some other bonus?

If you are going for rule-of-cool then go for it. But we should know the new unit abilities and rules in about 2 months so it might be worth holding off or magnetising just in case.

I built mine with the power sword because I like swords. That said, I also think it was the best option for BA at the time against most targets. 

I also didn't put the servo skull on and filled in the hole. I didn't like it. 

19AC8EFB-D8A9-4B97-8149-7654B5A7BDB9.jpeg

Edited by Paladin777

I haven't painted in over 8 months. I recently purchased the mentioned model for my Blood Angels. I'm painting him now. I went with the power sword/auto bolt pistol fist load out. I'll post to my army pics post when I get him painted. 

Edited by Eilio Tiberius

On 4/18/2023 at 8:14 AM, happyslugger said:

Has anyone built the latest Gravis Captain yet?

I am strictly a rule of cool guy and planned to build mine with double fists anyway, but with the new twin linked rules for 10th I think this could be pretty decent??

Anyone done similar?

I have, and he’s my favorite model. Always pair him with my aggressors

A31EA490-091E-4FB5-A9E2-E16DF7B681FE.jpeg

13 hours ago, happyslugger said:

See, I have the original one with power sword and was going to see if running double fists with my flame aggressors would be good.

Potato phone picture attached. 

PXL_20230420_090223948~2.jpg

PXL_20230420_090223948.jpg

Things are obviously up in the air for 10th still, but with 9th rules I think the sword would be better to run alongside aggressors. One more power fist attack is cool, but you've already got a ton of those. The sword helps keep the unit from being tarpitted by being truly exceptional against 1w infantry. 

8 attacks on the charge (9in assault doctrine) with 2's to hit, 2's to wound -3 AP against chaff? Yes please!

Edited by Paladin777