Arks of Omen: The Lion

2PlusEasy

(Did a quick forum search first and couldn't find anything obvious)

As someone who missed out on the book, lay some plot spoilers on me fellow fraters. Was the plot actually ok for GW standards?

Remember the spoilers tag so as to not offend anyone.

[Edit] Just saw the Warhammer community article which summarised the plot. Did it miss any good plot or fluff details?

Edited by 2PlusEasy

Spoiler

It did omit the Risen accompanying the Lion and them later bailing out Azrael, Dante, and Entourage on their way to Extraction, Since their existence is also a spoiler for Son of the Forest. It doesn't seem like they survive as the beginning of the book has a picture of statues of them, as if in honour.

10 hours ago, Nephaston said:
  Hide contents

It did omit the Risen accompanying the Lion and them later bailing out Azrael, Dante, and Entourage on their way to Extraction, Since their existence is also a spoiler for Son of the Forest. It doesn't seem like they survive as the beginning of the book has a picture of statues of them, as if in honour.

Spoiler

I hadn't seen it that way before, but now I realize you're likely correct.  Hopefully some survived though, otherwise it's going to be harder to convince the DA to give up the hunt.

Edited by Dunedon

2 hours ago, Dunedon said:

Hide contents

I hadn't seen it that way before, but now I realize you're likely correct.  Hopefully some survived though, otherwise it's going to be harder to convince the DA to give up the hunt.

Spoiler

Chances are only the 6 depicted perished, which would still be a shame since this includes Borz, Lohoc, and Zabriel which, imo, are amongst the more interesting Risen.

Then again, chances are the Lion could've just Forestwalked to them, and forestwalked out with them, since ol# Johnny himself also did not reach the regular extraction, but is within the ROck by the end of the book.

Any interesting chaos stuff in this one? I heard that the 

Spoiler

Arks finish their quest? That seems like a shame, because the Arks and the Balefleets are probably the most interesting thing in 40k to me right now. Hopefully there's still plenty of grey areas left to make your own Ark during the period where they were active, and I assume some of them are still out there doing something even if they aren't hunting for key fragments?

I believe the Arks are still in existence. Now that Vashtor has finished its quest, the Arks have been let off the leash and are now free to pursue whatever campaigns their commanders wish. Vashtor has finished with them but the Arks themselves will be around for a long time to come.

It is my understanding that the Risen sacrifice themselves to allow others to escape at the end of the Arks book. Very sad, they were great characters...

The Balefleets and the Arks are still around. Vashtorr's quest is far from over. He has obtained the 'Key', but must now find two other components of his great plan: the 'Lock' and, within in, the 'Weapon'.