Warhammer Fest Tease - Orks?

EDIT: I have been informed this is likely AoS - My bad!

So a "Two Days To Go" tease just dropped on GW socials with the following caption and image:

"It's a mere two days to go until Warhammer Fest 2023 – would you rather we showed off something kunnin' or something brutal? "

Ork content would seem a little out of left field aside from that one Ork looking rumour engine image we have.

Thoughts?

343569262_1293175581613671_4703637599641923334_n.jpg

Edited by ChapterMasterGodfrey

1 minute ago, Doctor Perils said:

Those alchemical symbols are more linked with the winds of magic ame the realms from fantasy, so more likely to be AoS, Warcry or Old World imo

Ah okay! thought the red was meant to be the rift. Hoping for old world orcs then to go against Brettonians. 

1 minute ago, Eptesicus said:

When was the last time Orks had a refresh/lots of new models/releases?

Only about 18 months ago (Sept/October 2021) and actually with 12 new kits it was the biggest release since Marines and Necrons at the start of 9th Edition. On top of that they had the various vehicles and Ghazkull in 8th Edition, so they've been pretty well supported in both of the last 2 editions. 

5 minutes ago, sitnam said:

It's definitely AoS related. Very likely Warcry, as a Destruction faction is up for some love in the last box this season

The last Warcry box of this season is Stormcast vs Flesheater Courts, was already leaked via a Spanish White Dwarf a while back.

The symbols relate to the winds/realms of Ghur (where the current Warcry season is set) and Shyish, so maybe the next season is there and there will be Orks in the first box of the next Warcry season?

Edited by Halandaar

55 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

The symbols relate to the winds/realms of Ghur (where the current Warcry season is set) and Shyish, so maybe the next season is there and there will be Orks in the first box of the next Warcry season?

Bottom left is Ghyran (Realm of Life), not Ghur. I wouldn't take the symbols as an outright indication that's where we're heading next.

Just now, Joe said:

Bottom left is Ghyran (Realm of Life), not Ghur. I wouldn't take the symbols as an outright indication that's where we're heading next.

Aha quite right, got my Gh-realms mixed up! 

But I think it seems odd to include them at all if they weren't indicative of something. The 40k galaxy map tease in the run up to Adepticon wasn't just any old thing and any old Tyranids logo, it was specifically telling us that in the narrative they are coming from a new and unexpected direction.