The Conversion World webshop will cease business. Place final orders before June 6th.

It's pretty sad when these things happen. I must honestly say I don't think I have ever heard of conversion world but I imagine they may have been a mainstay for some people. As Cruor Vault says, 3d printing is casting a long shadow over the industry. While I think the technology is awesome for making wargaming terrain and some boutique miniatures (with resin printers, my PLA printer isn't quite up to that yet), I think we are going to lose some good businesses that are unable to adapt quickly enough. :(

Edit: I just took a gander at their site. That was some quality weapon and accessory sculpts there. Enough chainaxes to start a decent looking Carcharodons army. 

Edited by Magos Takatus

Gutted for the guys and also for us as a community.  I got my first bits from them when they were only on eBay and to this day I have not seen anyone come close to the quality of their casts, no clean up, crisp detail.  Just check out their Space Wolves Chain Sword, the runes and teeth are so, so delicate and small, amazing work.  I do hope they get to continue in some form or another (even if they have to go back to eBay).

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

They had very nice resin casts. Seemed stronger than printed resin, but maybe that's in my head. I do wish they offered their bits with molded on hands. Sad to see them go.

Printed resin is quite brittle at times

Honestly never heard of this shop before.

I did like their stuff, but thought that the prices were a little too high compared to other sources of alternative bits. 

Now they're closing down I'll have to have another look and see if there's anything I want before they're unavailable. 

Never heard of this company, which kind of surprises me because I used to use quite a few third party bits. Their stuff is pretty neat looking too, shame they are going out of business. I might make a order for some future counts as Bladeguard. 

I wonder...people were always saying 3D printing would do a big scare to companies like GW...yet...I can't help but feel like the ones who are really feeling the crunch are these surrounding 3rd parties...

Quite a shame really but I suppose that is how it goes, the need for these niche pieces is already plummeting for all except hardcore conversion hobbyists and....maybe then even then those aren't the market ether as those sorts would have 3D printers...

A Shame but likely not the last to fall.

• 1 month later...