The Conversion World webshop will cease business. Place final orders before June 6th.

i got mine a week or two back, some of the best casts in resin ive ever seen. They have recieved an astronomincal number of orders in the last few weeks since this was announced so they are a little swamped with back orders plus international orders do take longer to arrive 2-4 weeks for germany to the uk in my case. i will absolutly be ordering again before they close. 

15 hours ago, Varyn said:

I imagine it’s due to the volume of people doing ‘final’ orders. I’ve never had issues with shipping or missing orders

True, my previous order was fine.

I'm OK waiting.

I haven't ordered for a while, but previous orders to UK took about 2-3 weeks IIRC. I'm sure the amount of people - like me - who have put in an order for future projects, given the deadline is absolutely massive. Their quality has always been amazing, so much better than forgeworld, so sad to see them go.

Still, they may well be able to do well on shapeways in future - there's several 40k bits sellers that are thriving there. Even though the quality is not quite as high, outsourcing to 3d printing should make it much less labour intensive on their part.

IIRC it's a two man band; one guy does the webstore, and the other does everything else including design and casting, so I imagine he's pretty swamped right now! I'm not in any mad rush, and I'm sure they will get them all out eventually, they've been a reliable company for a number of years now. At least they get to go out with a bang!

My big order just came in this past Wednesday and I placed it April 28 so it took a while to get to the east coast USA. I have blade guard (converted black templar sword brethren ) waiting for cool shields and swords. The bits look fantastic! 

If they go STL then I might need an 8k printer just for them. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, pawl said:

Looks like they're up to me, third tab on the homepage. =]

If its not against the rules they have a referral program, too - you get £5 off for using a link this one.

If it’s not against the rules to veer into High Gothic, cui bono?

3 hours ago, LameBeard said:

If it’s not against the rules to veer into High Gothic, cui bono?

Both parties get the £5 voucher I believe. =]

I've always been surprised there wasn't a code/link swapping topic here to save people some pennies.